Sign in to follow this  
teech

NVR HDMI issue (sharpness)

Hi,

I connected a Hikvision 7616 by HDMI set to 1080p to a 42" Full HD LG TV and it seems like the sharpness is too high compared to using the iVMS program on my PC. Is this normal for their NVRs?

Thanks.

Have you looked the tv's sharpness setting?

There is no sharpness setting for the NVR output, but make sure that it is set to 1080p resolution.

I've set it to 1080p in the NVR. I didn't want to play with the TV settings as I've never had to when connecting a device so wanted to make sure if this is normal for a hikvision nvr. I've also tried it on a samsung with the same result.

Just a thought but the Hik NVR's I've used display the sub stream in live view. Are you getting the same effect during playback. I ask because playback is from the main stream which is 1080P, the sub stream is usually a lot less. iVMS likely displays the main stream. If this is the case, you can increase the sub stream to the max which I believe is 704x480 which is what I use.

Thanks. I can't find any settings in the menus of the NVR to show whether they are in main or substream but I guess it's main as it only allows 2 cameras to show with the rest saying no resource. Is that normal for the 8ch to only show 2 in 1080p as it's meant to be 40mbps?

The only way I can get it to looking less sharp on a TV is decreasing the TV's sharpness. Is this a common issue or something all NVRs are like?

Try updating the firmware. When I updated to 2.3.9 from the Hikvision USA FTP or Hikvision Europe Portal, it added more functionality, like being to control camera settings from the NVR. You can put the digicap.dav file on a USB stick and then tell it to upgrade firmware tom the file on the USB stick.