davidnyke

Newbie - IP Camera and Software Recommendations

Hi, I posted this on another section but thought it might be more appropriate here.

We are a small company who would like to mount two external fixed IP cameras also suitable for night time recording. I would like to put some software on one of our PCs where we can monitor the cameras, remotely view the cameras and record on motion, if there was an app this would be a bonus too.

Unfortunately we are on quite a tight budget of £200-£250 for everything. I'm really not sure what cameras we need but something decent would be good and HD even better but not sure if our budget will stretch. As for software, I have seen Sighthound for $60 to cover 2 cameras with remote access etc but not sure if it comes recommended?

What I'm after is some recommendations on what would be a good system, good cameras to use etc?

Thanks for any help.

David

Thanks for your help. Would the software allow us to record on motion and access the cameras remotely? I will see what I can find on google about it, thanks

Thanks for your help. Would the software allow us to record on motion and access the cameras remotely? I will see what I can find on google about it, thanks

Dahua's newest version of the Smart PSS software automatically comes equipped with what they call "PC-NVR." That will give you the recording capability you're looking for. I haven't used it a lot so I don't remember if it's equipped with scheduled recording, or if it's strictly manual.

You'll have your remote viewing capabilities after forwarding all of the appropriate ports that you need. By default on Dahua products, this will be port 80 for browser access and 37777 for mobile apps and software (SmartPSS/PSS). If you're accessing your cameras one at a time, you'll need to be using different ports for each camera. Like I said, I haven't played around with the PC-NVR feature enough yet to know if you can just port forward the PC and use the software like a typical standalone unit.