wuneyewilly

Can you convert an IP POE Camera into Wifi?

I have a Dahua NVR with various Dahua POE cameras. I'd like to add a camera to a location that has power but no eth connectivity and running it would be more than it's worth. It seems like most of the wifi cameras are the baby monitoring type, or at least not compatible with my NVR. Can I convert, for instance, a Dahua IPC-HFW4300S to wifi using a wifi bridge or some kind of device? Ideally, the device would provide POE power and bridge wired to wireless where my NVR could communicate via my AP. Seems so simple yet....

You can use any device that functions as a bridge...http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Repeater-150Mpbs/dp/B007PTCFFW/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413846796&sr=1-4&keywords=tplink+mini

You can also use a power line adapter...

They will not have poe use an injector

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Gigabit-Injector-compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413846873&sr=1-1&keywords=poe+injector

...although i believe i saw a poe powerline device mentioned around the forums...

Thanks for the info. The Google came up with this Powerline + POE adapter and it turns out they are 5min from my work in Santa Clara. Never heard of them before but I'll let you know more shortly...

http://www.asokatech.com/plug-link/pluglink-pl9660-poe.html

Can you mix Powerline mfgrs? I have some TRENDnet powerline devices I never got installed, so could I use them at the router/switch and securely connect an Asokatech device? Seems like the security might not sync but I don't know what either uses yet.

Can you mix Powerline mfgrs? I have some TRENDnet powerline devices I never got installed, so could I use them at the router/switch and securely connect an Asokatech device? Seems like the security might not sync but I don't know what either uses yet.

May be u can

depend on which standard your Trendnet devices use

start reading about Homeplug 1.0 , AV, AV2

Always wondered how well the Asoka PoE Powerline would work. I use Powerline in a similar situation and use a wall plug PoE adapter plugged into it. Ended up putting two cameras on so I now I use a 4 port PoE switch instead of the injector.

Did this work? I've got 12 POE cameras into an NVR and a Vivint system that can "see" Wi-Fi devices. I can add their cameras, of course, but I'd like to have my existing cameras working through their app. I'd buy the Wi-Fi point, but don't know about how to do the hookups.