cctveye65

Hikvision NVR 7716/7732 RTSP camera support

Hello,

Is it possible to add cameras via RTSP stream only? I know there will be no features like motion detection, but I am not interested in that. I just want continuous recording.

Thanks!

I think it is not possible, at least not easily. There are many different protocols when adding a device (ONVIF and many manufacturers), but no RTSP.

I would love it if someone says otherwise...

I guess I can do ONVIF, but I do not want the NVR to grab the main stream, which is high res-high bw, but the substream. Is there a way to tell to Hikvision NVRs to grab only the substream?

RTSP would have been an easy way, as I would just add the substream URL and that's it.

Thanks!

I just updated my 7716NI-ST to the latest version (3.3.15), and maybe it is possible now. See screenshot.

259189_1.jpg

I haven't tried it yet, but it does seem you can add RTSP streams.

Sorry for the incomplete response: that's how I did it after the previous post showed me how....

Oh, ok! I thought you meant that you had already got it working before, but did not post back. Nevermind then!

I still have not tried. I do have some RTSP cameras, but I have no need for recording them.

Did you try if you can do motion detection with RTSP? (I guess you can not)

From what I know, it is not possible, at least not with this NVR. It's not even close to having enough power to fully process the stream for motion detection.

However, I did not try, as I only need this as a relay for viewing cameras and some continuous recording.