Sign in to follow this  
aurmol

Smart PSS stream

I got this Dahua NVR4204-P (manufactured in July 2014).. and have problem with Smart PSS. It always starts in mainstream.. when switching to sub stream.. the video disconnects and says "Failed to switch substream", it never got successful... how about yours? did yours switch successful at all even one time? Also the Encode page has only General written and can't adjust any setting of the Mainstream and Extra Stream. I'm using P2P. Maybe the NVR doesn't have complete feature compatible with the Smart PSS? Please response asap as I stil have 3 days to return the NVR. Thanks.

I think it's because you can't view both the main and extra streams at the same time. If you restart Smart PSS and only try to open the extra stream, does it work?

I think it's because you can't view both the main and extra streams at the same time. If you restart Smart PSS and only try to open the extra stream, does it work?

Why does Smart PSS always default to main stream when opening the program? You can't open extra stream without it first displaying main stream, correct? Is there no setting where you can save viewing in extra stream and it would start this way?

You can watch main stream and substream at the same time.

You can watch the substream without opening the main stream first.

There are many settings that I also can not adjust when connecting with P2P to a device. No idea why, haven't bothered checking.

There are many settings that I also can not adjust when connecting with P2P to a device. No idea why, haven't bothered checking.

Where in the menu of the Smart PSS is the option where you can connect substream without opening the mainstream? I've been trying it for 2 days and can't find the setting.. how did you do it (in the typical port forwarding and not a P2P)?

Just click on a channel, and choose the stream you want to open.

259706_1.jpg

Thanks. When it is offline I couldn't right click on the channel. I found out when I logged in using admin in P2P. It gets locked out within a minute after viewing the feeds.. so the video feeds got disconnected or reported "offline". Is this a rule one musn't log in using NVR admin account in P2P using Smart PSS? Anyone can clarify?

Settings such as?

After trying straight 4 days.. I can't download the recorded file in the Playback section after cutting the portion. Did you encounter this problem using P2P? any idea why it couldn't download? were you always able to download all the time?

I finally know why playback download failed. When I put the NVR4204-P directly in my LAN network. It can download even 300Megabytes for 3 minutes. While using 1Mbps mobile internet connection at cctv source.. it can't even download 5 Megabyte. It seemed the Smart PSS connection to NVR needs minimum speed. If it detects slow speed, the download just failed.. it doesn't buffer it while sending slowly... isn't it that when downloading any file and even if speed is slow.. it should still continue but slowly, the Smart PSS just disconnects it. What is the phenomenon called?

I think I know why downloading even small file failed in PSS.. because the GUI itself use up a lot of bandwidth (due to lots of features). Compared this to Nvr with very simple menu and function (my initial nvr without alarm out).. remote access of playback is easier because of less GUI bandwidth overhead.

Anyway. I just returned my unit because it has some firmware problem. It can't show yellow during motion detect even when schedule has it checked. Second unit can show yellow. So even firmware has factory defect.

Reconfiguring everything. I noticed something in Smart PSS. You can only change the Video Detect (Motion Detect) setup when logging in as username admin.. you can't access the setup even if you created many accounts and use them to login.. pls. verify if this is really true or another firmware defect of my Nvr4204. Thanks.