PeteCress

One HikVision DS-2CD2032-I Different From Others: Year Made?

I've got 7 of these things.

Just went through the exercise of upgrading the firmware to v5.2 on all of them.

All are working, but one acts differently from the other six.

To wit:

• It's Configuration| Basic Configuration | Video/Audio | Max Bitrate does not drop a list of bit rates whereas on the other six cams that field drops a list of bit rates
  • Configuration | Basic Configuration | System | Time Settings lacks the "Test" button that the other six cams have

One diff I can see is the cam's serial number: "DS-2CD2032-I20131130...." while the other six cams' SNs start with "DS-2CD2030-I2014...".

I'm guessing this is it: just an older cam.

But that begs the question of why the firmware update from the same digicap.dav file took differently.

There seem to be a few other weirdnesses, but I have not taken the trouble to document them.

Nothing I can't live with... but curious minds want to know...

i just updated an older same model like yours to test and it works. What you need to do is either delete your browsing history or use another browser and go to that same camera that was doing that and try it like that. It should work. Also make sure it was updated to 5.2, look at device info. Try that and let me know.

...What you need to do is either delete your browsing history or use another browser and go to that same camera that was doing that and try it like that. ....

Bingo!... I had no idea....

Thanks.