Sign in to follow this  
aurmol

20Mp snapshot ip cam

For those who own cellphones like the Samsung. You know you don't use 5mp anymore.. it's either 8mp or 12mp because 5mp are such lower resolution. Our cctv 2mp is just like de ja vu to the olden days of low resolution camera. And d1 resolution seems to be 1980's era tech.

I just need a snapshot of the surrounding. Has anyone come across any cctv where they can take 1 frame per second or even 1 frame every 3 seconds of a more than 10mp image still? Some of us don't need continuous motion. Why doesn't there seem to be cctv more than 10mp that takes stillshot or snapshot every 2 seconds or 3 seconds and viewable by remote..

or maybe there is some still camera that can do it? How do you view it remotely.. it can still be considered cctv, won't it.

Think the issue could be that your average phone camera isn't designed to run 24/7 or weather & temperature resistant etc.

261426_1.jpg

The industry leader. The Avigilon 29 MP JPEG2000 HD Pro camera provides the coverage area of over 95 traditional VGA cameras and delivers detailed images even in extreme lighting conditions. Installation is easy with remote focus and iris control, and EF lenses provide the best optical quality to deliver the best evidence.

My main application is just occasional viewing of an empty warehouse. I log in cms, view a picture, take snapshop.. that is.. I can't view long because my country isp are slow and they have limits on that you download. For example. if you remote view the cctv for more than 5 minutes. They would cut your internet connection for the whole day. 2nd offense they would ban you permanently. So I'm thinking is there a say 12M cam that you can take critical snapshot remotely and viewable at home. Imagine the comet lander. They use low res video but very high res still picture. Likewse this would be useful in cctv, to have the normal resolution for recording and a much higher megapixel 12, for takin snapshops with say 1 frame per 2 seconds and uploading to the user.. during such emergency snapshop. You can resolve 3x more then maximum basic resolution of your cctv. Budget is maybe $150 top for this product that one can make by just adjust basic parameters and adding some interfaces.

A big problem with cell phone cams, aside from what others have mentioned, is that the sensors and lenses are tiny, so low light performance is terrible. You can test this for yourself on a dark street with your cell.

Many apps, like Blue Iris, will take very low rate snapshots, 1 per minute or whatever, and upload them to an FTP server. You're still limited to the camera resolution, though, and the costs will be well above your budget because of the hardware. BI can use phones as a video source, but I'm not sure if it can grab the still photos.

Best bet in your budget range would be to find a sensor module or phone with the resolution you need, connect it to a Raspberry Pi or Arduino, and write the code to make it do what you need. This saves money because you don't have to pay for someone else to do the development work.

Some of the trail camera will take higher res snapshots on motion detect and you can specify the amount. For example, the Bushnell Trophy HD is 8MP and costs under $200. It can do video, but who wants the lame 2MP.

Another option if your budget could be more like $250 plus own a windows 64bit os computer already is to

get one license of Avigion's core software, get a hikvision $120-$160 1-3MP camera and setup the Live Export feature

within Avigilon's software.

Take a snapshot image however often you want (ie: every 10sec, every 5min, etc.), Do only 1 image,

edit the c:\ProgramData\Avigilon\GatewayLiveExport.cfg file to point to a mapped drive letter for ftp site

or wherever you want. Create a free wordpress webpage that can refresh the image however often you want pointing

to that one image file. medium quality of the snapshot on my 5mp is like 600k file size. so shouldn't be much data when you

go to load the image throughout the day at different times. You'll even get a free mobile app feature to pull a camera up on ios/android if you wanted to.

snapshot of livexport setup http://imgur.com/tu66XWM

you can google things like wordpress refresh image pluggin or how to setup refresh image on a webpage, etc.