mpsecurity

Hikvision Cameras with Dahua NVR - Remote Backup Issues

I am using various 3MP Hikvision IP Cameras on multiple sizes/models of Dahua NVR's.

This issue is specifically when backing up video using Smart PSS software.

Many of my clients do not have a monitor connected directly to the NVR and rely on Smart PSS to do live view, playback, and backup on their systems.

A recent issue we discovered is with backing up video files via Smart PSS from the Hikvision cameras we have on the systems. The files export correctly when exported as DAV files but do not export correctly when using the "export as AVI" function of Smart PSS. When exported as AVI files the video only exports as a single 6-20 second clip. The export itself shows that it is exporting the correct start/end time as well as the correct size file, but when played with Windows Media Player (or any other player I've tried) it only has a very short clip.

A workaround we attempted was to export as DAV and then export to AVI using various DAV players with built in AVI converters; when we do this it will convert the entire video but spits them out as 6-second long AVI files (you can imagine that this could equate to MANY video files when a large file is converted).

This does not seem to be a firmware issue on the recorders OR the cameras. I have tested this with every combination of old/new firmwares on the cameras and NVR's.

I have also factory reset the NVR and cameras to make sure it is not being caused by any settings that I generally change by standard.

If anyone has seen this before or has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

-Patrick Presto

M&P Security Solutions LLC

Hi

We are also experiencing the same problem.

I already highlighted to our supplier but told me that it is a issue with third party cameras with Dahua NVR.

Appreciate your help on how to solve this issue.

Thank you!

-Mark