Sign in to follow this  
slopolytech

Dahua POE IP camera keeps restarting - help!!

So I just received my IPC-HFW4300D-V2 today from China and I was initially very impressed. However, it keeps rebooting at random intervals. I can hear the internal relay click and the camera reboots. It is connected to a $5,000 Summit X450e gigabit POE and know that it is working, and tried it on several different ports with the same results. Has anybody had similar issues with these cameras? Thanks!!

Device Type IPC-HFW4300D-V2

Software Version2.420.0001.0.R, build : 2014-05-24

WEB Version3.2.4.184667

ONVIF Version2.4.1

S/NPZC4HX036W00263

There's a thread here on a Dahua reboot problem. Might want to go straight to page 4.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39039

This also happens sometimes when one's bad out of the box. Cables get loose in shipping, for instance, and it's a pain to open them up and check everything.

If you have a DC supply, try that and see if it still reboots.

Is that the correct model number? I don't recognize it and I can't find on Dahua's site. I do see it for sale on a lot of Chinese sites claiming how "genuine" it is though...

There's a thread here on a Dahua reboot problem. Might want to go straight to page 4.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39039

This also happens sometimes when one's bad out of the box. Cables get loose in shipping, for instance, and it's a pain to open them up and check everything.

If you have a DC supply, try that and see if it still reboots.

Thanks, I'll check it out! For whatever reason, it seems as though the camera has stopped rebooting on its own. It will be just my luck to get it mounted on the roof of our building and have it start acting up again...

Is that the correct model number? I don't recognize it and I can't find on Dahua's site. I do see it for sale on a lot of Chinese sites claiming how "genuine" it is though...

Yep, its the model number listed on the eBay page...but then again that might be my answer right there

The camera picture looks amazing, day and night. The camera build quality seems very good and came in a full Dahua branded package, but then again, counterfeit Dahua cameras look pretty legit.

Yep, its the model number listed on the eBay page...but then again that might be my answer right there

The camera picture looks amazing, day and night. The camera build quality seems very good and came in a full Dahua branded package, but then again, counterfeit Dahua cameras look pretty legit.

I don't claim to know everything and I've been surprised (aka wrong ) more times than right, but I'm a little sketched out just based on what I'm seeing in my search results. I can still recall my first summer job of checking IDs at the beer tent which taught me that anything that says "genuine" is usually not.

Now, that being said, Dahua has been booting a good number of models off it's site for a couple months now and I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a model they've decided not to carry forward; or a model number they've changed. It does look like a slightly older design that Dahua has discontinued.

"The camera build quality seems very good." That says something right there too. The real deal with those models is solid and heavy...real heavy. You can usually feel out a fake Dahua.

I don't claim to know everything and I've been surprised (aka wrong ) more times than right, but I'm a little sketched out just based on what I'm seeing in my search results. I can still recall my first summer job of checking IDs at the beer tent which taught me that anything that says "genuine" is usually not.

Now, that being said, Dahua has been booting a good number of models off it's site for a couple months now and I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a model they've decided not to carry forward; or a model number they've changed. It does look like a slightly older design that Dahua has discontinued.

"The camera build quality seems very good." That says something right there too. The real deal with those models is solid and heavy...real heavy. You can usually feel out a fake Dahua.

I only paid $100 for it shipped from China, so I'll see how it works out! I wanted to try this out since the infrared LEDs are not behind the same glass as the lens, which can cause reflections at night and when the glass gets dirty. I am very impressed with the range of the IR, I will have to post some sample vids. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!