paulnye

How to remote view Hikvision iVMS-4200

I see that iVMS 4200 has 3 parts, Client, Strorage Server, and Stream Media Server.

I installed the Client and attached first three cameras.

How do I view from a remote location from a simple web browser and also from a smart phone?

Meaning what ports do I need to open on the PC running iVMS?

Do I need additional software?

Do I need to also do port forwarding to each individual camera?

What is the best app to use for smart phone

Thanks

IVMS-4200 is a client for view cameras. In order for you to view cameras remotely, you would need to install PCNVR on a PC to act as a NVR, but would need that PC running 24/7 to access the PCNVR. Or you could basically just port forward the cameras individually to view them but you won't be able to view playback if the cameras are not the ones recording.

How and where are the cameras recording to.

The best app for viewing Hikvision cameras, would be IVMS-4500, it should support all mobile OS Platforms. You can also install IVMS-4200 on a pc that will be viewing the cameras remotely.

I am planning to attach up to 60 cameras to an NVR for viewing at ...

1. The NVR itself with 4 attached screens.

2. Remotely from another location on a desktop PC

3. From a smart phone.

I dont mind where Recorded video is stored, it can be on the local HDD or on a separate Storage Server.

So I guess I need their PCNVR installed on a dedicated PC (no problem)

On Hikvision website they dont offer the PCNVR, only 'iVMS4200 Client'

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download.asp

I did find PCNVR at another site ..

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/customer-service/software/hikvision-cameras

(seems the word gets automatically block that sounds like 'smellys' security but starts with 'n')

Is that the version I should be using?

Once the PCNVR is installed and cameras added will it also become the viewing client? or will I install the ivms4200 client also?

After that what port(s) will I need to forward on my router to the PC running PCNVR?

Will I be able to view the NVR remotely from just a web browser, or will I need to also install ivms4200 client?

Thanks for any help with this

If you are going to have 60 cameras down the road, i would deff recommend you getting a CSX that supports 128CHs or even 256CHs to help with the high Bandwith. Also you can have 4 monitors attached directly to the NVR but make sure you have a NVR/CSX that has up to 4 HDMI Outputs.

Now for the couple cameras that you are trying to get online.

The PCNVR is just like a regular NVR, but just on the software side. Yes you will be able to log into the PCNVR remotely via web browser and do remote viewing.

Also you can view the cameras from the PCNVR but i do not recommend you doing that if you don't have a badass PC that can handle all the serving and playing. I would try and see how the PC reacts to you viewing the cameras in the PCNVR, just keep your eye on the CPU and Memory usage. But i do recommend you using a different PC with IVMS on it to view cameras.

After you have all cameras imported into the PCNVR. You would want to go to the network settings and change the RTSP Port to 2200, anything below that on the RTSP could be blocked by your ISP. Now you can go and do port forwarding on ports 80, 2200, 8000. After that you should be good to go, you can now go to your mobile app and import that PCNVR using port 8000.

If you are still having issues, i would be more than happy to log into your system and take a look.

PCNVR:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/01%20%20%20Video%20Management%20Software/01%20%20%20iVMS4200-PCNVR/Hikvision%20iVMS-4200%20PCNVR%20v1.3.6.2%20%28Windows%29/

Thanks....

abdelm01,

Thanks for the additional info.

So I now have a powerful i7 with 12GB ram. I installed the PCNVR that you suggested and it installed fine and I added the first 3 cameras. Then I opened the 3 ports on my firewall, and went home and installed iVMS4200 client and imported the PCNVR and I was now viewing the 3 cameras. So far so good.

I havent yet explored the 'storage server' or 'streaming server' modules.

What is CSX that you referred to?

abdelm01,

Thanks for the additional info.

So I now have a powerful i7 with 12GB ram. I installed the PCNVR that you suggested and it installed fine and I added the first 3 cameras. Then I opened the 3 ports on my firewall, and went home and installed iVMS4200 client and imported the PCNVR and I was now viewing the 3 cameras. So far so good.

I havent yet explored the 'storage server' or 'streaming server' modules.

What is CSX that you referred to?

Good to hear they are working for you.

Storage server, if you have a separate server that is used for storage, you can link the cameras that you imported into IVMS-4200 to it to record to.

Streaming Server, you add cameras to it and stream multiple to multiple clients located on the same LAN. Almost like PCNVR but PCNVR is better.

CSX stands for Central Server Expander. It is just like an NVR but on an Enterprise levee that hold up to 64CH, 128CH, and 256CH. It gives you a lot of bandwidth to work with.

abdelm01,

CSX stands for Central Server Expander. It is just like an NVR but on an Enterprise levee that hold up to 64CH, 128CH, and 256CH. It gives you a lot of bandwidth to work with.

I am searching 'Hikvision CSX' and not coming up with much. Could you post a link to what you are referring?

abdelm01,

I am searching 'Hikvision CSX' and not coming up with much. Could you post a link to what you are referring?

Sorry they are referred to as CSX, but here are the part numbers:

128CH

DS-96128NI-XX

256CH:

DS-96256NI-XX

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products_show.asp?id=9708

Hy,

I need someone to help me pls.

i work at a surveillance center in my town, i'm pretty good with understanding the software ivms-4200 pcnvr, but from time to time, the icon for memory in the top right corner of the main window goes red and shows 98% memory usage and i get an error - "no enough system resource, playback and live view wiil be stopped". then live view doesn't work anymore. the computer has 16gb of ram memory and the software uses 1,5 gb in task manager. what do i do to get rid or to fix this problem. or did anyoane have this problem ?

thank you.

Hy,

i work at a surveillance center in my town, i'm pretty good with understanding the software ivms-4200 pcnvr, but from time to time, the icon for memory in the top right corner of the main window goes red and shows 98% memory usage and i get an error - "no enough system resource, playback and live view wiil be stopped". then live view doesn't work anymore. the computer has 16gb of ram memory and the software uses 1,5 gb in task manager. what do i do to get rid or to fix this problem. or did anyoane have this problem ?

thank you.

What are the Specs of the PC, Also how many cameras do you view when you see the Memory goes up that high. The GPU also takes part of the memory usage. Please give us detailed info of the PC. Like what kind of PC, what CPU do you have, what windows, what kind of graphic card etc.

Please take a screenshot of the task manager when you have the memory going up that high, take a screenshot of the memory usage, cpu usage, etc. and post it here.

Hy,

thank you.

What are the Specs of the PC, Also how many cameras do you view when you see the Memory goes up that high. The GPU also takes part of the memory usage. Please give us detailed info of the PC. Like what kind of PC, what CPU do you have, what windows, what kind of graphic card etc.

Please take a screenshot of the task manager when you have the memory going up that high, take a screenshot of the memory usage, cpu usage, etc. and post it here.

i have intel xeon e5-2609 v2 @ 2.5Ghz, 16gb ram, windows 8 x64, video-ati radeon hd 4300/4500 series(total available graphics memory 8064 MB; dedicated video memory 128 MB).

I have 2 monitors connected and on one of them i keep the cameras (main view with 16 cameras) and the other i keep it for playback. it worked fine with ivms-4200 client software. now they (the team that installed all the systems with camera networks etc.) installed ivms-4200 PCNVR and i have the problem i described. they came a few times (not on my shift unfortunately, because the other guys i work with don't know very much about computers) and they fixed it but only for a day or two. after that the memory indicator rises and when it reaches 98% the software crashes and I get the error message-"no enough system resource, playback and live view wiil be stopped".

Thank's again for your help.

win.jpg.797ea33f0572cf3c85ddba8562aadba0.jpg

Untitled.jpg.b8d80005723280fe5d447633b7ec43e1.jpg

task1.thumb.jpg.4a706ce6dc5dd9d904595575734103c5.jpg

Hi. Similar response that I just wrote that might help here as well.

I bet you are you running 64-bit os? 16gb+ of memory?

Better CPU and memory utilization is an issue with the iVMS 4200 software. I have literally been talking with their tech support on this for the past several weeks.

I have a built a pretty high-end server, Xeon processor, 32gb of memory, etc - and it can code/decode 4k content with no issues. But the iVMS 4200 only taps into a small portion of the CPU or memory available. If you look at your task manager and the iVMS 4200 CPU and memory utilization you will see a huge disconnect where iVMS 4200 thinks it is out of system resources - but your task manager shows plenty of CPU and memory still available.

You might want to try to install their latest iVMS 4200 SW,

iVMS-4200 V2.3.0.4 Release Notes

Highly improved the decoding capacity for live view and play back under 64 -bit system.

It seems better but I have discovered another bug with the camera viewing area gets "clipped" in the 4200 SW. So I have to revert back to an old version - and waiting for the next version to be released. They have agreed to fix the camera "clipping" but we will see...

Hope this helps.

Hi. Similar response that I just wrote that might help here as well.

I bet you are you running 64-bit os? 16gb+ of memory?

Better CPU and memory utilization is an issue with the iVMS 4200 software. I have literally been talking with their tech support on this for the past several weeks.

I have a built a pretty high-end server, Xeon processor, 32gb of memory, etc - and it can code/decode 4k content with no issues. But the iVMS 4200 only taps into a small portion of the CPU or memory available. If you look at your task manager and the iVMS 4200 CPU and memory utilization you will see a huge disconnect where iVMS 4200 thinks it is out of system resources - but your task manager shows plenty of CPU and memory still available.

You might want to try to install their latest iVMS 4200 SW,

iVMS-4200 V2.3.0.4 Release Notes

Highly improved the decoding capacity for live view and play back under 64 -bit system.

It seems better but I have discovered another bug with the camera viewing area gets "clipped" in the 4200 SW. So I have to revert back to an old version - and waiting for the next version to be released. They have agreed to fix the camera "clipping" but we will see...

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the info.

I have told my problem to the tech guys who installed the software and their solution was to restart the software

I still have the problem every two days

With the latest version of IVMS4200 it has built in storage server, is there any advantage of the PCNVR software?

I set it up with storage server to record on my pc HD and it records fine, I just cant find a way to connect my phone app to connect to it,

Drrop..,

Consider running ivms4200 PCNVR (32 bit software) on a separate PC. Run imvs4200 client on another PC as using it in "live view" (which I assume u are doing) imposes a very heavy cpu/gpu load.

Other option to try if above is too expensive and if problem occurs regularly every two days: reboot every day so system doesn't crash.

Droop..,

Consider running ivms4200 PCNVR (32 bit software) on a separate PC. Run imvs4200 client on another PC as using it in "live view" (which I assume u are doing) imposes a very heavy cpu/gpu load.

Other option to try if above is too expensive and if problem occurs regularly every two days: reboot every day so system doesn't crash.

I installed pcnvr ivms software I cant connect to it using ivms client on another pc. All ports are opened.

I also tryed to install just storage center on one pc, and client ivms on another...but there were no options to import cameras. Please could you help me which ivms download for client and which for server? thanks

** i am useing a PC as a dedicated NVR and i have forwarded all ports 80, 2200 & 8000

how to i view it on the hikvision app??

nothing seems to be working???

how i can see remotely view and how setup i tried to check on ivms4500 but no failedwhen i entered the device info in ivms4500 in p2p cloud the eror is coming that the device is added other user hoe i can solve this issue?.7204 i hve the device of hik

I am trying to install iVMS-4200 but it gets to the point of installshield and it gets a little green in the slider and just sits there.

I finally got it to install but only after using Revo uninstaller install. Kind of weird for sure.

1583627474_install2.JPG.8a1ac28e7b24b391221eb6049c4a3613.JPG

forget using ivms 4200 if mobile access is a requirement

i setup up quite a few for clients and still use PCNVR as its so much easier for mobile access and it still supports the latest cameras only downside is the non 265 support but just means computers working a little harder and and with advances i just grab a 2nd hand Dell Optiplex 1030 for like 300$ whack a 4TB purple for $200 and a low profile Nvidia GT 1030 for $150 and run 20-30 5MP-8MP cameras no problem

using ivms 4200 for mobile works but have to redirect and open ports for every single camera