wauwau

Stream IP Cams into the Web

Hi,

what I wonder, if there is a platform available, where I can upload streams to.

The issue is, I dont want people to access my hardware (Axis devices) thru the web directly.

So I want the cam to stream up pics and then access from the server.

Any hints?

Thanks.

Not sure what your goal is but there's several online streaming services, maybe the most popular is ustream.tv and you can google to find many more. Some are free for very basic service, maybe with advertising, and pay for more features, services.

Some vendors started doing this for free like Dahua and Hikvision. Have not tried it, but I believe it's called EZVIZ.com or something like that on Hikvision. Dahua is their cloud offering I think is called easy4ip.com.

You can also stream from home on your PC using restreaming software that takes the RTSP feed and broadcast RTMP. Then you can create a web page somewhere to access that feed. I've done it with Unreal Media Server and it's free for limited use (less than 15 connected users, 5 or less cameras).

Hi,

what I wonder, if there is a platform available, where I can upload streams to.

The issue is, I dont want people to access my hardware (Axis devices) thru the web directly.

So I want the cam to stream up pics and then access from the server.

Any hints?

Thanks.

You say "pics".

So here is a free Interface that works with any IP Camera brand and model or imaging device like a Webcam for that matter. Including any of their front-ends. Like a NVR, DVR, NAS, CMS and so on. That can support supplying snapshots via HTTP or HTTPS and the Interface is totally secure as well. Not exposing anything about your IP Camera. No ISP IP Address, DDNS, Port or User credentials are ever exposed.

Here is more detail about this Interface. Which is using Foscam IP camera models as live examples there. But again. The Interface works with any IP Camera brands and models and they can be mixed together as well:

http://foscam.us/forum/showing-secure-methods-using-php-to-display-your-ip-cameras-t8721.html

It gets fresh new images from the IP Cameras at the interval you configure and only stores the last image received from the IP Camera on disk, in the same file. Leaving no file clutter.

Storing the last image received from any IP Camera on disk and reusing the same file to do so to avoid file clutter. Which is a configuration option of the Interface vs. simply getting the IP Cameras image in real-time and displaying it to your website visitors. Has another side benefit.

Which is. That if the IP Camera were to be offline and not available. The last image received from that IP Camera will be displayed vs. leaving an empty image when/if that were to happen. Which is handled by the Interface automatically, when that option of the Interface is enabled. When/if that were to occur. The Interface will automatically resume normal processing for the IP Camera. Saving new images to disk and using your normal interval for fresh snapshots when that IP camera comes back online.

This Interface is much better than using a fixed FTP image upload interval because say you wanted to grab a fresh image from your IP camera every 5 minutes. But if you had no website visitors for 10 minutes. Why pull a fresh image every 5 minutes, if that image is not required? All your doing is chewing up unneeded bandwidth in cases like that.

When a website visitor visits your website. This Interface checks how old the current image for that IP camera is on disk. If it's older then what you say it should be? Say 5 minutes. Then a new fresh image is pulled from the IP Camera, saved on disk and also displayed to the website visitor.

If another website visitor visits the website within the next 5 minutes. The Interface checks how old the current image is from that IP Camera currently on disk and since it's not yet 5 minutes old. The Interface automatically uses the stored image on disk for that IP Camera for that visitor instead of getting a new fresh image from the IP Camera.

Of course as stated. This interval is configurable. It doesn't need to be a 5 minute interval. It could be as little as 1 second or less or as long as once a day or longer.

If desired, you can also automatically refresh the IP Cameras image being displayed in a web page at the interval of your choice as well. Without a website visitor needing to reload that web page to see fresh images of the IP Camera(s).

The Interface can be used with one IP camera or as many IP cameras as you wish on the same web page. You can mix different IP Camera brands and models and use specific image resolutions sizes for each as well. The image resolution sizes are not limited to what the IP Cameras provide. You can configure the Interface to display any IP Cameras image to the size you wish. For each individual IP Camera being displayed.

The Interface also supports an optional what I call "Infinite Zoom" feature that if you enable that option allows any of the IP Camera images to be zoomed and unzoomed by each visitor for their personal view of your IP Cameras. Even with IP Camera models that don't have a zoom lens.

You can set the interval of how often to get a fresh new image from the camera and the Interface handles all of that busywork, without any need to use FTP or Email to get the cameras images. Your website visitors will see new images automatically from the IP Camera(s) on your webpages at the Intervals of your choice. Which can be different for any IP Camera being displayed. Even on the same web page.

Don