I've got 8 Axis IP cameras and am looking for new recording software as I'm not happy with Axis Camera Companion.

Been using ExacqVision and I like it but thought I should try Avigilon before I go ahead. Is there a trial version available and how do I get it?

Is there any major differences between the 2?

Im trying to add Axis cameras but Avignon keeps telling me i've got the wrong username/password, its saying this on all of the cameras, even tried creating new users in the Axis web setup

EDIT: When i searched for the cameras manually and specified it as Axis it works, by default it was finding them all as ONVIF

For ONVIF and AXIS you should just have to add an ONVIF username + password in the cameras. It is disabled once you add a password the camera initially through the webpage.

are you trying to do an ip address range search for the axis cameras using the uname/password of root/root by default?

or finding one camera at a time? Axis without a doubt works with avigilon. are these very old cameras or new cameras.

firmwares old or new?

Got it all working now

The big problem is that Avigilon doesn't support Axis M3007 360 Camera, so I can't see the individual views, just the 360 image!

Im trying it at home as well and it doesn't support any of my 7 Acti cameras (E76, E74, E76, E46), I've got them all working with ONVIF but by default Acti camera's give 2 streams which can't be turned off so every camera has 2 streams which is annoying.

Avigilon also seems a bit more resource heavy over Exacq. Both have pros and cons, if only Exacq was the same price as Avignon!

Got it all working now

The big problem is that Avigilon doesn't support Axis M3007 360 Camera, so I can't see the individual views, just the 360 image!

Im trying it at home as well and it doesn't support any of my 7 Acti cameras (E76, E74, E76, E46), I've got them all working with ONVIF but by default Acti camera's give 2 streams which can't be turned off so every camera has 2 streams which is annoying.

Avigilon also seems a bit more resource heavy over Exacq. Both have pros and cons, if only Exacq was the same price as Avignon!

Having dual streams is a good thing. Avigilon uses HDSM to automatically switch between streams depending on screen resolution and avaible bandwidth. While always recording the full res stream.

I have been using the M3007 with Avigilon for years. I find it most effective wall mounted.

The major advantage of Avgilon over Exacq is the speed of searching and reviewing video. Also Avigilon has more polished user interface. If you need to use Mac with Avigilon their HTML5 web interface works very well in any browser.

Having dual streams is a good thing. Avigilon uses HDSM to automatically switch between streams depending on screen resolution and avaible bandwidth. While always recording the full res stream.

I have been using the M3007 with Avigilon for years. I find it most effective wall mounted.

The major advantage of Avgilon over Exacq is the speed of searching and reviewing video. Also Avigilon has more polished user interface. If you need to use Mac with Avigilon their HTML5 web interface works very well in any browser.

I don't know if it'd be switching between the 2 different streams since they seem to appear as 2 separate cameras? And both were being recorded until I edited the schedule...

I've got the M3007 mounted on the ceiling in the middle of a retail store so I can get a Front and Rear view but this won't be possible with Avigilon it seems, quite surprising that they don't support the Views and Dewarping

264588_1.jpg

I don't quite understand what I'm seeing here. ^^^^

Never seen cameras show up like that on in the camera tree.

That's what I've seen also when trying to connect Acti cameras to Avigilon. Never have been able to get motion detection to work, either.

Newer Acti cameras aren't in the supported cameras list, though.

All the cameras except one of the KCM series cameras appear twice, ending in 1 and 2.

I've put the ones with stream 1 into a folder so its easier to manage, the software is great but it's a shame they don't support these cameras