Joop1962

Hikvision 5.2.3 Chinese to English

I just installed the new firmware.

IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.2.3_141024 from here:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/

And i only have Chinese now

The trick for activating TELNET in the cam is not working.

The option is not there anymore!

only: 硬件服务

启用红外灯

translation: Hardware services, enable infrared lamp

Help...

i have it working in English!

thanks to this movie:

The SSH option is here:

高级配置 Advanced Configuration

then the 5th option (Security)

then 安全服务 the last TAB

there is: 启用SSH

up and running:

Firmware Version V5.2.3 build 141024

24h's later, problem with camera. (HIKVISION DS-2CD2732F-IS)

Very slow reactions, even after reboot.

Installed the previous firmware: Baseline Firmware_IPC_R0 series_En_V5.2.0 140721

Are you providing us the hacked 5.2.5 firmware?

I do not need to someone to prove something.

First of all do it for myself, because I'm interested.

All the results in the gallery http://vk.com/album221982133_210576386

In 5.2.5. no Russian language, especially in such interpretation.

The result is a custom firmware repacked with the Russian language.

The code was completely different and it was interesting

Are you providing us the hacked 5.2.5 firmware?

I do not need to someone to prove something.

First of all do it for myself, because I'm interested.

All the results in the gallery http://vk.com/album221982133_210576386

In 5.2.5. no Russian language, especially in such interpretation.

The result is a custom firmware repacked with the Russian language.

The code was completely different and it was interesting

did you counter the issue: 5.2.5 chinese region camera change to english language , it will restart again and again with a short time?

Besides it is not hacked, but did so as it should be

can you let me know where to get the firmware 5.2.5? thanks

did you counter the issue: 5.2.5 chinese region camera change to english language , it will restart again and again with a short time?

I do not understand what you mean.

I myself added Russian language in Chinese firmware and make a day of the week in English.

Doesn't work in 5.2.5 as the file system is cramfs, meaning it's read only.

http://vk.com/album221982133_210576386

You appear to be providing a link to screenshots of the new 5.2.5 firmware in english as well as russian. Could you please advise how you achieved this in order that we can also do the same, or provide a firmware with the changes?

You appear to be providing a link to screenshots of the new 5.2.5 firmware in english as well as russian. Could you please advise how you achieved this in order that we can also do the same, or provide a firmware with the changes?

So there is all in Russian, and everything is clear. Just as in English only better, because the translation into Russian added and corrected.

So there is all in Russian, and everything is clear. Just as in English only better, because the translation into Russian added and corrected.

So how did you get it into either russian or english?

Make myself customize firmware file and upgrade IPC via web interface!

It's easy

Make myself customize firmware file and upgrade IPC via web interface!

It's easy

And would you care to share how you did it with the community for those of us who dont know how to create a custom firmware file to upgrade via web interface?

And would you care to share how you did it with the community for those of us who dont know how to create a custom firmware file to upgrade via web interface?

Then it will not be interesting, but it is not necessary to promote a freebie in this matter

Sorry!

Buy a decision CBX and calm down on this, at least he sells it at retail, but I have my own solution

If you have a 5.2.5 camera in Chinese and want to change it to English and willing to provide telnet access to make the change, I can likely help if you PM me. Worst case, you can always install 5.2.5 again to undo anything I do. If it works out with a few cases.

Hi,

Newbie here, so first of all Hello to all readers...

I just bought an DS-2CD3332-I from China.

Arrived with 5.2.0FW multilanguage (I was happy as French was included )

Then as newbie upgraded it to 5.2.3 then of course full Chineese as result.....

After spending some time reading a lot of post, I found this simple method to get back to English settings in 10 min:

The link was mentioned also at the begin of this post and really works.

(Thanks to the author for his post)

Ok, I dont have all languages now with 5.2.3: only Chineese and English, but that's enough to work with the cam, as we need just to make the settings once at installation previous to add it to any compatible VMS using ONVIF profileS devices.

For moment, it works well with my system since one week

Hope this helps.

Now knowing that, and as we extract and generated a *xx.tar.gz" file, where we made some changes to retrieve the English language from firmware Embedded in the cam, this will open simply doors for future firmwares hacks with FW language issues.

I would like to make a try with 5.2.5 FW, but no way to find it actually somewhere.

Other way, the idea will be to get a new cam with this new release, extract FW, modify and inject in a new cam.

Curious to check if it works, I'm quite confident.

So if some one have new 5.2.5 FW for test, it will be great.

Other way I need to wait 3 weeks for a new cams from China as i need to add more at home(standard shipment time), maybe more as the new year Holiday days begins in few days in China for few weeks there...

I have an easy solution to change the language to English in my camera firmware V5.2.3 build 141024 with Internet Explorer(tested on IE8 and IE10). It is not permanent, but will allow you to change it each time you login and there is no changes to the camera that need to be made.

It works on the principle that the language is stored as a cookie "language=zh". All you have to do is clear the cookies once logged in and it defaults to english.

1. Login to camera in chinese.

2. Enter a different site in the address bar(eg. google.com)

3. Open the Developer Tools(F12)

4. Select from the menu, Cache > Clear Session Cookies.

5. Hit the back button on the browser and that session is now in english until you login again

Seems like a lot of steps but it is easy enough to do without any serious hacking like loading firmware with a different region code. Hope it helps someone out there.

I do not understand what you mean.

I myself added Russian language in Chinese firmware and make a day of the week in English.

how to make a day of week in english?

Hello everyone, I bought one ds-2cd2432f-i it and updated the firmware from 5.2.0 to 5.2.3 downloaded from the site hikvision Europe now have English language and date in Chinese you can have it all in Italian?

I followed a guide on youtube to bring in multiple languages ​​but there is only Chinese and English at the end of the procedure.

buellwinkle said:
Doesn't work in 5.2.5 as the file system is cramfs, meaning it's read only.

i just installed 2 camera's

1 HIKVISION DS-2CD2332-I

1 HIKVISION DS-2CD2732F-IS

there was firmware 5.2.0 on there.

then the cams where in Chinese

So this trick to put it in English:

and everything is working fine now!

Hello, I have a Hikvision 2CD3T26WD with V5.4.16 build 160726 which has a very different looking menu structure in Chinese to earlier versions - see attached. Does anyone have an idiot's guide to converting this from Chinese to English? If so any help in making this conversion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1787217134_WebPage1.thumb.JPG.d12251cea1a5f0aa2597b82248563a73.JPG