Firefighter

Why do I get this issue on my cams.

Hey guys, Here is a quick clip of what I'm talking about. It's like every second the screen flashes or the contrast changes as if it's

having to adapt.

Heres the video.

DFFdVsaHrYo

Hey guys, Here is a quick clip of what I'm talking about. It's like every second the screen flashes or the contrast changes as if it's

having to adapt.

Heres the video.

DFFdVsaHrYo

I didn't see anything flashing? Did you watch this clip before posting (might only be in your live view)? Here are some thoughts though:

The flag moving about; it's so close to the camera and maybe reflecting light into the lens causing the camera the adjust (flicker/flash) as the flag moves.

Second maybe the garden accent light shining in the direction of the camera. if this is a solar LED light it may change it's light out put as the batteries drain causing the camera to flicker.

And lastly (lest likely) the street lamp. If it pluses, flickers, fades, spikes, or does any of those weird things some of them do it can affect the camera.

Most likely it's the flag moving. Get the flag away from the camera and out of the frame and see if that corrects the situation.

Sorry I guess it's not a "Flash"

In full screen mode on youtube you can see what I'm talking about and the flag has no affect. Pull the flag, the solor light and its the same.

It's like the contrast of the image changes every second and repeats.

I'll try to get another sample tonight but if you look in fullscreen, maybe towards the top of the image it's easier to see though I see it

on the entire image.

I can't see it either, but I'm guessing it's the i-frame, depending on your setting.

Each i-frame is a complete image, and the rest of the frames are p-frames, just showing the changes from one to the next, until the next i-frame comes along with an entire image. It's pretty common for the i-frame to look like there's a little blink or glitch in the image.

That's just something that happens with Hikvision, the fatal flaw, it's Achilles heel, it's chink the armor, it's frailty, it's foible. If you look, it's timed exactly to how you set the I-frame interval. Set it to twice the frame rate, then you'll see this every 2 seconds.

The only way I know to fix this is to buy a different brand, but I enjoy it, brings life to an otherwise dull scene. Most don't even notice but once you do, you can't unsee it. So for those that don't see it, count your blessings and stop looking, for the rest, there's Dahua.

That's just something that happens with Hikvision, the fatal flaw, it's Achilles heel, it's chink the armor, it's frailty, it's foible. If you look, it's timed exactly to how you set the I-frame interval. Set it to twice the frame rate, then you'll see this every 2 seconds.

The only way I know to fix this is to buy a different brand, but I enjoy it, brings life to an otherwise dull scene. Most don't even notice but once you do, you can't unsee it. So for those that don't see it, count your blessings and stop looking, for the rest, there's Dahua.

I think I know (see) what you are talking about Buellwinkle. I have a different type and brand of camera but get the same thing. I just thought is was digital artifacting (Often seen in darker scenes with poorly encoded DVDs). If what you mention is what I think it is, I too enjoy it, as I know the video hasn't frozen.

I am curious though, does this 'flickering' affect the video file size compared to other 'non-flickering' brands?

Does the I-frame interval affect video file size, or overall quality, if so how? What would be the advantages/disadvantages of setting the I-frame interval at different refresh rates?

And lastly; does the video compression level at the camera, and/or at the NRV increase this effect at all?

I still have not bought my new CCTV set-up (still slowly figuring out what I really, really want). I am leaning towards HikVision cameras and NVR. I have heard some people strongly dislike the Dahua brand (NVR mostly), and as such have not even looked at the brand at all. What areas would you say Dahua shines best (or really falls short)? And HikVisions best and worst areas?

I have both the Dahua and Hikvision NVR on my desk and I can tell you the Dahua is much better. For one, you can use Dahua or Hikvision cameras with motion detect recording with Dahua where I can not get that to work the other way with Hikvision NVRs. The web interface is much better with Dahua too.

I have both the Dahua and Hikvision NVR on my desk and I can tell you the Dahua is much better. For one, you can use Dahua or Hikvision cameras with motion detect recording with Dahua where I can not get that to work the other way with Hikvision NVRs. The web interface is much better with Dahua too.

What exactly is the trick behind getting motion detection to work for Hikvision cameras on a Dahua NVR?