Sign in to follow this  
LLCoolWas

32 IP Camera System

I have a budget of $3000 to spend on equipment for 32 IP cameras and an NVR build to install in a Gas Station. I have not seen any builds with BlueIris are handling that many cameras (1.3mp) even though the limit is 64. My question is processor power. Should I build a new i7 machine or find a server (like a dell r710) with 2 or 4 Xeon CPUs? Obvious advantage would be things like psu redundancy, and raid controller, but it would probably be a used blade. Does anyone here have a setup on BlueIris that is running 32 or more cameras?

I have a budget of $3000 to spend on equipment for 32 IP cameras and an NVR build to install in a Gas Station. I have not seen any builds with BlueIris are handling that many cameras (1.3mp) even though the limit is 64. My question is processor power. Should I build a new i7 machine or find a server (like a dell r710) with 2 or 4 Xeon CPUs? Obvious advantage would be things like psu redundancy, and raid controller, but it would probably be a used blade. Does anyone here have a setup on BlueIris that is running 32 or more cameras?

Hi. That can't happen with your budget.

Say you go cheap at $100 a camera .......... Your at $3.200

Then you have other basic costs

Switchers

Pc/ server

Cable

Cost of blueiris

Monitor

I'd have to agree that this doesn't seem likely with your budget. I can't imagine what kind of quality cameras you'd end up with. Decent storage will probably be at least a third of the budget you've set aside.

$3000 for an IP system? No way.

This can be done...but you need to buy from ali

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-130Mp-CMOS-HD-Network-camera-dahua-IR-Bullet-Camera-HFW2100-Support-POE-Auto-iris/1772066999.html

Its about 2200 for the cams...and you can probably get that down to 2000 because they would give you a bulk discount...

Buy a refurbished dell optiplex minitower i7-haswell (4770, 4790) for 500-600....blue iris for 60 and you are done..you have some change left over for monitor, cables and supplies...

Blue Iris had issues with that many cams in the past due to the 32 bit memory limit, but the new version is 64 bit, so that should be improved.

However, 32 MP cams can be a big load on even a powerful I7. By tweaking fps and resolution, it should be able to handle 32 cams, but I don't have a good feel for what frame rates you'd be getting. You might want to ask at the BI community forum, cam-it.org, to see if anyone's running 40MP of cams and what frame rates they're getting.

Your HD requirements will depend on the bit rates and recording times for each cam.

4096 kbps is 512 kBps, or 1.8GB/hour per cam; 2048 kbps would be half that. Full-time recording capacity is easy to calculate, while motion detect will depend on how many events there are, how long they last, and how long the pre- and post-trigger times are set for.