Sign in to follow this  
JayOwen

Help finding dome/privacy cover for high speed ip cam

Hello all!

I have a client that is interested in finding a reflective or tinted dome/privacy cover for high speed ip cam like similar to the one pictured in this link-http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Hikvision-DS-2DE7184-series-2MP-HD-Network-IR-Speed-Dome-IP-PTZ-dome-speed-camera-DS/1580132118.html

They live in a home overlooking the beach and and feel that is a bit obvious as a result of its size. I've spent many hours searching the web and have found some sites that offer custom made to spec. domes. FYI the cam is ceiling mounted tucked up into a hole in the eve/sofet of there 2nd story balcony so that only the bottom half of the turret ball is visible. Kind of flush mounted but more like recessed. So, has anyone had any luck getting custom domes made? If so please advise, I need a solution sooner than later. Thanks!

Hello all!

I have a client that is interested in finding a reflective or tinted dome/privacy cover for high speed ip cam like similar to the one pictured in this link-http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Hikvision-DS-2DE7184-series-2MP-HD-Network-IR-Speed-Dome-IP-PTZ-dome-speed-camera-DS/1580132118.html

They live in a home overlooking the beach and and feel that is a bit obvious as a result of its size. I've spent many hours searching the web and have found some sites that offer custom made to spec. domes. FYI the cam is ceiling mounted tucked up into a hole in the eve/sofet of there 2nd story balcony so that only the bottom half of the turret ball is visible. Kind of flush mounted but more like recessed. So, has anyone had any luck getting custom domes made? If so please advise, I need a solution sooner than later. Thanks!

If you did have a custom dome made you would need to shut off the ir light...

Hi many think just a made dome will work ...... It is far from being that simple.

You would never get camera to keep focus.

And as stated would not work with that PTZ