shea.jamesw

Cloud based embedding feed and security issues I'm having.

Hello all,

I installed a hikvision IP camera at one of our sites to monitor traffice. I found a cloud based service provider called iVideon that has firmware for this camera that allows it go get picked up over the internet. Since iVideon is a cloud based camera solution, I was able to take the link to the camera from iVideon and embedd it to an external website. The issue I'm having is that I'm paying for monthly services with iVideon to remove the camera from iVideon's TV space.. this is basically an area allowing you to connect to all broadcasted camera's that are publicly shared on iVideon. So, it's not showing up on that public space and i've embedded it on my site, however, if you go into the properties of the camera view from my webpage, you get access to the 'public link'. Our webpage is username/password controlled but if you get that link, anyone can access it. My ultimate goal here is to find a cloud streaming service that would have some type of controls in place to tighten up this security. I would rather not purchased DVR or any new hardware at the sites to keep our support costs low. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience in this area? Any help is much appreciated. I've asked iVideon to look at a solution for me but this is my second time asking so i doubt they will have anything.

Regards,

James

Anyone at all?

LOL! Don't expect immediate replies to your post. After a few days you might have 50+ view and 5-10 replies. (That's if it a hot topic)

If I understand what you are saying, you upgraded your firmware to a version that has the iVideon client. You connect the camera to iVideon and embedded the video into your webpage which has a login prior to viewing the video. You are concerned because the web stream URL can be retrieved from the properties, then it can be used to view the video directly from iVideon?

In this case you would have to mask the URL in your webpage. There are a number of masking techniques and any half decent web developer can help you with this.

Please see this. It's totally secure. Does not expose any information about your IP Camera. No IP Address, no DDNS, no port or user credentials are ever exposed. It's free and uses automatic refreshed snapshots vs. full-motion video. Because of that, it's compatible with any Internet browser capable device from Computers to Tablets to Phones and TV's without any device required to download or install anything to use it beforehand.

Whereas most of these paid for video server services don't support any and all Internet browser capable devices visiting your website to view your IP Cameras.

This would allow you to not require a paid service and host this on your own website as well.

Note: Initially there was some confusion about my Interface. It's in fact free, but I do offer help for those technically challenged as well.

It has many options. It also works with Hikvision IP Cameras and any IP Camera or image device brand or model, that allows pulling snapshots using HTTP/HTTPS access methods. More here. Including the download link:

http://foscam.us/forum/showing-secure-methods-using-php-to-display-your-ip-cameras-t8721.html

Many live example IP Cameras using this free Interface, in different ways. Including some Hikvision IP Cameras:

http://107.170.59.150/

Don

You have it right. I wasnt aware of the masking capabilities so i'll ask my development company about this. Thanks for the reply.

Anyone at all?

If I understand what you are saying, you upgraded your firmware to a version that has the iVideon client. You connect the camera to iVideon and embedded the video into your webpage which has a login prior to viewing the video. You are concerned because the web stream URL can be retrieved from the properties, then it can be used to view the video directly from iVideon?

In this case you would have to mask the URL in your webpage. There are a number of masking techniques and any half decent web developer can help you with this.

I'm not aware of any masking techniques used in HTTP based unsecure web pages, that can't easily be unmasked.

The only way to avoid that from being able to take place. Is that this cloud company or another, not expose this information in the clear from the get go.

Don