Hikup

Hikvision DS-2CD2412F-IW...setup problem

I bought the DS-2CD2412F-IW from local retailer. Tried setting it up with SADP and then iVMS4200 but no joy. Phoned the retailer, he advised to use EZVIZ. I tried that but still no joy. Downloaded iVMS4500 on tablet, again no joy. Sent the camera back to retailer, he got it set up with EZVIZ, after upgrading the software on the cam (if I understood correctly) and sent it back. Now there's an IP for the camera that doesn't match my LAN and it's impossible to make any modifications through the iVMS or SADP. EZVIZ can't find the cam either. I've also tried resetting but no joy there either. When I try HiDDNS it says the device is not registered on the server. I must be missing something. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Also I changed the IP on my laptop to match the cam IP and got the login page, but the admin codes aren't accepted, nor are my personal codes I used for the iVMS and EZVIZ. So I logged in "anonymous" and got a B&W picture from the cam but no access to the config options.

Step 1:

If you cannot get the Credentials for the camera (Default= admin, 12345) , you will have to overwrite the firmware using TFTP. I will attach it and the FW you need with it. Please read and follow the Procedure text in the folder.

Step2:

After you have successfully finished step one. Please go to the website link and download the latest iVMS and install it. After you installed and opened iVMS, please go to Device Management and you should see your IP Camera in the box below under Online Devices. Now double click the camera and modify the network settings the IP Address that you want to give the device. Make sure you put in the Password: 12345 and click OK.

Now if you want to add the camera to the client, select the camera and click add to client.

IVMS:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/01%20%20%20Video%20Management%20Software/00%20%20%20iVMS4200/Hikvision%20iVMS-4200%20v2.03.00.05%20%28Windows%2C%20English%29/

If you are still having issues let me know.

Please send me PM so i can send you a link to my dropbox for the TFTP, i guess we cannot add .ZIP files on here.

Thanks for the info abdelm01, in the meantime I discovered that I'd been given "inaccurate" info as to how to reset the cam. After a correct reset, I was able to set it up quite easily - on cloud EZVIZ and also iVMS4500 where it appeared automatically (following EZVIZ cloud I suppose). But when I try to "add" the device in iVMS4500 I get the message "device not registered on the server". I tried HiDDN but i get stuck on the "device domain" field, I've tried entering various things here but none are accepted.

Have you used this cam? If so, how can one remotely turn the siren on or off? (in case of a false alam).

Also I've discovered that my ISP modem/router external IP changes from time to time. This is causing me trouble logging into the cam from the web to fine tune settings. Is there a way round this? Thanks for your help.

Now that you have got it reset ( it looks like someone was playing with it before you received it and changed the password) Try the Browser interface , From Firefox or Chrome (not IE , its a nightmare) put in the ip address that you got from "SADP" and then you get a much more user friendly interface to set up your camera , when you go into "Configuration" on the top right there is a little blue circle with a ? in it , this will give you info about the segment of the configuration that you are in.

About the ISP changing the IP address You will have to use a DDNS to get around this I tried the Hiddns and found it confusing , so i use "NO-IP" DDNS ( I use it for a lot of things and it seams to be reliable )

Thanks for the info abdelm01, in the meantime I discovered that I'd been given "inaccurate" info as to how to reset the cam. After a correct reset, I was able to set it up quite easily - on cloud EZVIZ and also iVMS4500 where it appeared automatically (following EZVIZ cloud I suppose). But when I try to "add" the device in iVMS4500 I get the message "device not registered on the server". I tried HiDDN but i get stuck on the "device domain" field, I've tried entering various things here but none are accepted.

If using EZVIZ, you do not need to add any device on iVMS-4500. Just log in with your EZVIZ account, and you will see your devices.

Hi again folks, thanks for the useful info so far. I looked at no-ip, seems I need a computer running continuously at the same location as the cam to track changes in the public IP. Not possible in my case. So i'll persevere with HiDDNS.Bought a second cam and got both added on iVMS4500, not quite sure how. But lan only, not remote. 1st cam also appears as cloud cam. Couldn't get the second one onto EZVIZ...device doesn't exist. Can I have more than 1 cam on an EZVIZ account? Anyway ISP detected some faults on my landline so they came up, checked it out and also replaced my modem. So back to square 1 again.

Is there a step procedure for HiDDNS? I mean is there something i should do first, then second, then third, and not in any other order? Also is hik-online.com a similar service to hikvisioneurope.net? Are they both HiDDNS?

You don't need to run a pc for ddns to work , the ddns client software runs on the camera, or you can put it on your router if it supports ddns, or any device behind your router , but first you have to register your domain name with no-ip or whatever ddns supplier you should chose and then put that name into the " Domain Name" in the ddns section on your camera. Also you only need only one ddns domain active on your network to access your cameras no matter how many cameras you have. When you have more than one camera you have to learn about port forwarding , but get the ddns working first.

By the way, are you using the browser interface and did you find the little blue circle with a question mark at the top right, this can be very helpful.

The browser interface is a lot clearer and easier to use and it has all the things you need to set up .

Ok guys,i'm not a techie. Imagine someone trying to fly a kite in the middle of Heathrow airport, that's me here. I've got both cams up and running again, both sending me emails too. BUT....EZVIZ only accepts the one, so i've got remote viewing only on one. EZVIZ finds them both but when I try to add the 2nd one the message I get is "DEVICE IS NOT REGISTERED. CHECK THE NETWORK". Could this be a firmware thing? One has V5.1.2 build 140116 and the other V5.2.3 build 141024. I also tried setting up port forwarding but I lost access to both from the lan. Yes I did find the blue circle with the question mark, very useful tip, thanks for all your help.

I've got 2 cube cams up and running now, both of them on EZVIZ, iVms4200, iVMS4500 and hik-online. Strange thing is I didn't do any port forwarding but it seems HiDDNS handles that aspect. Today I lost remote viewing on one of ghe cams, on HiDDNS, but can still view it on EZVIZ, so it's still working. But why has it died on HiDDNS? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dear,

Purchase via Aliexpress one Hikvision - model: DS-2CD2412F-IW, i could not access it, below steps I performed:

1) I changed the IP range of my router to 192.0.0.X

2) I installed iVMS (latest version), including WINCAP

3) installed SADP

4) I have connected the camera directly to the router via cable (LAN).

- My operating system is WIN7 - 64Bit, but tested it on another machine with 32bit version.

- I'm not using POE, but with power adapter.

ERROR / PROBLEM

When searching SADP the camera does not appear.

Could you suggest actions to solve the problem?

Thanks !

Adonias Viana[/size]

Did you also change your PC to match the router IP range?

In my tests, as long as the router/switch and PC are in the same subnet, SADP will find the camera, even if it's on a different subnet. My last 4 Hiks didn't need any address changes on any gear to find them with SADP and change them to my 192.168.1.x subnet.

There is no need to change the ip address of your router or pc SADP will find the camera no matter what the ip address is, then when you find it you simply change the ip address of the camera to suit your router/pc using the facility on the right hand side , don't forget to put in the default password for the camera 12345 and save

There is no need to change the ip address of your router or pc SADP will find the camera no matter what the ip address is, then when you find it you simply change the ip address of the camera to suit your router/pc using the facility on the right hand side , don't forget to put in the default password for the camera 12345 and save

dcam,

I have done just that.

Managed to have my browser go from not finding anything, to finding the cam's address and bringing up the hikvison page. But there is nothing on the "live view" tab, and the LAN icon in the lower-right windows taskbar has a yellow "limited or no connection" error.

Pinging the cam's IP address with cmd has been giving me mostly "timed out". It gave me replys last time I pinged but I still get no video feed and the icon is still yellow.

I have the cam connected directly into the back of my computer for testing. I haven't even begun to try running it through the router while my computer is connected to the internet yet. (I'm sure that'll be loads of fun)

Help?

There have been some problems with a bad firmware hack on Chinese Hiks to make them English. It causes the cam to constantly reboot, so you can ping it briefly, then it goes offline while it reboots. If it's doing this, the IR LEDs usually flash briefly when they first power up, so you can watch for that.

MaxIcon said:
There have been some problems with a bad firmware hack on Chinese Hiks to make them English. It causes the cam to constantly reboot, so you can ping it briefly, then it goes offline while it reboots. If it's doing this, the IR LEDs usually flash briefly when they first power up, so you can watch for that.

I have the cam connected via my router now and it seems to pinging fine. But the "Live View" in FireFox is still black.

I really didn't want to get an IP camera. Getting computers, let alone networking, involved in a surveillance system is just terrible. But I can't find the DVR I want unless I find an electrical engineering firm to design one for me, and I want the novelty of remote viewing.. so here I am.

Can you connect with SADP, and have you tried IE and/or Chrome? I always set up cams in IE initially, since so many use ActiveX plugins. You'll want to enable compatibility mode.

Can you connect with SADP, and have you tried IE and/or Chrome? I always set up cams in IE initially, since so many use ActiveX plugins. You'll want to enable compatibility mode.

Nope. Isn't working. Looks the same as it does in FF.

file.php?id=7600

Well, it's clearly talking to the camera, but not showing the video. This could be a video driver problem or a plugin problem.

Sometimes you have to uninstall the plugin and clear the cache. Driver problems can be trickier.

Another thing to try would be to download the demo version of Blue Iris and see what it shows from the camera. Even if it won't show the video, it'll show you how many MB/s it's getting from the camera, which could indicate that it's getting the signal, but not able to display it; this would lead me towards video driver problems again.

Do you have a different PC on the network you can test it with?

Another thing to try would be to download the demo version of Blue Iris and see what it shows from the camera. Even if it won't show the video, it'll show you how many MB/s it's getting from the camera, which could indicate that it's getting the signal, but not able to display it; this would lead me towards video driver problems again.

Thanks.

Where does it show the MB/s. Here's what I have so far:

(the pic got cut off, but SADP is loaded at bottom)

p1.thumb.JPG.cdd6f3151302bd2e12669a578371269c.JPG

p2.JPG.050f539bf3d7c8febfd3f4791f1c854b.JPG

Ok.

BI automatically entered the PW for my camera type.

I re-entered the PW in the BI camera settings for no reason, and it worked. I get footage in BI now, but it's a slide-show at about 1 frame every 5 seconds. CPU: 100%.

Thanks.

BI is pretty resource intensive, can use a lot of CPU power, and doesn't play well with older CPUs. What CPU are you running? To reduce CPU usage, the best knobs are to reduce frame rate and/or resolution until you're below 80%.

There's a screen that shows the camera status and bit rate (in bytes, not bits); I'm not in front of it right now and don't have V4 installed, but it'll be one of the icons across the top row.