dcam

DS-2CD2412F-IWDay Night Threshold

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way of raising the threshold from which the camera changes from day mode to night mode . This camera gives excellent image quality in low light conditions but it changes way too early and doesn't make use of these qualities. If I put it in permanent DAY mode the IR illumination will not activate when it gets really dark and when I put it in Night mode I have a B/W camera 24/7 I have tried all the settings and nothing makes a difference . The only thing I can do is put the Day/Night setting to "Schedule" and it then switches to Night from a certain time at night .

Any Ideas ?

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way of raising the threshold from which the camera changes from day mode to night mode . This camera gives excellent image quality in low light conditions but it changes way too early and doesn't make use of these qualities. If I put it in permanent DAY mode the IR illumination will not activate when it gets really dark and when I put it in Night mode I have a B/W camera 24/7 I have tried all the settings and nothing makes a difference . The only thing I can do is put the Day/Night setting to "Schedule" and it then switches to Night from a certain time at night .

Any Ideas ?

You can enlarge the hole around the photo sensor..user erkme73 on camit has instructions on how to do this for the 2432 (same design)...the modification works.

Thanks Boogieman , brilliant , Sometimes you cant beat "Big Hammer" technology .

Big Hammer 1 - 0 Firmware

Just wondering is this problem only with the cube camera or do other Hik.cameras like the DS-2CD2112F I ( dome ) have the same problem , I would like to try this one also.

Just wondering is this problem only with the cube camera or do other Hik.cameras like the DS-2CD2112F I ( dome ) have the same problem , I would like to try this one also.

its only the cube..the others will be fine..

There is a option in the IR menu, where you can set sensibility from 1 to 7 ..

is this to determine how fast the IR goes on... so if you set 1, the ir will go on when its reAaaallyy dark, and with 7 it will go on more fast( with little dark )?

please correct me if i am wrong

There is a option in the IR menu, where you can set sensibility from 1 to 7 ..

is this to determine how fast the IR goes on... so if you set 1, the ir will go on when its reAaaallyy dark, and with 7 it will go on more fast( with little dark )?

please correct me if i am wrong

In the cube camera the issue exists regardless of that setting...the solution is the one mentioned above..