latropa

Is there an incredibly lightweight VIEWING software for IP?

Specifically hikvision cameras.

I have the software I need for recording motion and saving all that. No big problems with that.

My hangup is getting software to show 4 or more cameras all at once as quickly as possible when the doorbell rings and I'm watching TV on my HTPC. I want to be able to hit a single button and see all my cameras on the TV within less than a few seconds.

That's not how it works now though. I have to rely on a macro that takes 75 seconds or more to load. It's almost useless. I could get off the couch or out of bed and get dressed in that time to meat the solicitor in person in that amount time. Help me.

If your HTPC is running Windows, you could do it with iVMS-4200, assuming your computer is at least decent. Install it, configure it to show the 4 cameras you want, save the view as a custom view, close it. Next time you launch the program it will default to the last view you had been using.

Specifically hikvision cameras.

I have the software I need for recording motion and saving all that. No big problems with that.

My hangup is getting software to show 4 or more cameras all at once as quickly as possible when the doorbell rings and I'm watching TV on my HTPC. I want to be able to hit a single button and see all my cameras on the TV within less than a few seconds.

That's not how it works now though. I have to rely on a macro that takes 75 seconds or more to load. It's almost useless. I could get off the couch or out of bed and get dressed in that time to meat the solicitor in person in that amount time. Help me.

Post subject: Re: Is there an incredibly lightweight VIEWING software for IP?

Yes, there is and it's free.

This free Interface works with any IP Camera brands and models and imaging devices that support pulling snapshots using HTTP or HTTP access methods using any Internet browser capable devices using any browser. From Computers to Tablets, to Phones and TV's.

It's fast and uses less bandwidth then many other interfaces do. Two live demo examples of the dozens of live demo examples available. Showing five different IP Camera models at the same time. While also using the Interfaces infinite zoom feature. Which does not require that any IP Camera have a zoom lens:

Five Different Foscam IP Camera Models ("Located In U.S.") At The Same Time

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/GlobalZoomExample.htm

Five Different Hikvision IP Camera Models At The Same Time ("Located In China") Via iVMS

Can also be directly to IP Cameras without NVR or iVMS as well. Which the other live demo examples shown here are doing:

http://107.170.59.150/Hikvision/AllHikvisionWithZoom.htm

Note: Any image sizes for any IP Camera can be used. Initial smaller image sizes are used for demonstration purposes above. Any number of IP Cameras can be displayed at the same time and they can be any combination of IP Camera brands and models as well.

Fourteen Different IP Cameras At The Same Time ("Located In U.S.")

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/FoscamUS.htm

Note: Trying doing the above with fourteen different IP Cameras at the same time using other methods on many mobile devices without a fire extinguisher, spare batteries or needing to recharge that mobile device immediately afterwards.

Not a problem with this Interface. It's Fast. Has low power requirements and low bandwidth requirements especially important for mobile devices with limited data plans and battery life. Plus it's free and works with any and all of your Internet browser capable devices.

Live demo example ("Located In U.S.") of default IP Camera resolution ("1280x720") with a IP Camera model that also has a zoom lens using this Interface

http://107.170.138.191/SecureImageDisplayControl.htm

More Details

Includes dozens of other live demo examples using this Interface with different configuration options and the download link for this free Interface.

http://foscam.us/forum/showing-secure-methods-using-php-to-display-your-ip-cameras-t8721.html

Don

Edited by Guest

I had the same problem of slow switching, and ended up going with a separate device for viewing the cams. After trying a variety of Android tablets, all-in-ones, old XP laptops, and an iPhone with limited success, I found that using a Win8.1 tablet does the trick for me.

Currently I'm using the Winbook TW700 Tablet ($72, or less if you're near a MicroCenter and can get an open box), which is too small for 4 cams, but is perfect for one at the front door. It's been running on the full-page web view for my Dahua 2100N for nearly 2 weeks now without a hiccup, and pulls 5W.

You'd want something bigger for 4 cams.

If your HTPC is running Windows, you could do it with iVMS-4200, assuming your computer is at least decent. Install it, configure it to show the 4 cameras you want, save the view as a custom view, close it. Next time you launch the program it will default to the last view you had been using.

That's what I'm using now. It takes forever to load up and start the stream on my HTPC (Q6600).

I was hoping there was something out there like the IP Cam Viewer app on android just for Windows. It loads up with all my cameras showing in no more than 2 seconds.

Don

That might be what I need, whatever it is that has no name, but that post feels like spam so I won't be going through all your links to maybe find a download.

Thanks anyway.

That's what I'm using now. It takes forever to load up and start the stream on my HTPC (Q6600).

I was hoping there was something out there like the IP Cam Viewer app on android just for Windows. It loads up with all my cameras showing in no more than 2 seconds.

Just get a fire tv or android mini pc with ethenet...when doorbell rings, switch hdmi input ..problem solved..

Side note Q6600 is a power hog, particularity since it doesnt have integrated graphics....if you dont put it to sleep and its running 24/7 it may be cheaper to upgrade it to haswell with an i3/i5 from the dell outlet for 250-300..put a killawatt meter on it...

And it takes you 75 seconds to load...? Wow

How about VLC and RTSP? If you only needed one camera it would be great. If you want to see 4 or more, maybe there is some kind of way to integrate the VLC streams on a web page/html, and just make a shortcut that loads that local HTML on whatever browser you want.

Don

That might be what I need, whatever it is that has no name, but that post feels like spam so I won't be going through all your links to maybe find a download.

Thanks anyway.

The names of these free Interfaces are "Generic Browser Interfaces" for IP Cameras. They are used worldwide by many IP Camera owners using many different brands and models of IP Cameras, for issues like you are having and for many other reasons.

267840_1.png

It's very obvious and apparent. That you did not take the time to read my prior post in its entirety. Yet you have taken the time to negatively comment on my prior post, anyway.

More Details

Includes dozens of other live demo examples using this Interface with different configuration options and the download link for this free Interface.

http://foscam.us/forum/showing-secure-methods-using-php-to-display-your-ip-cameras-t8721.html

There was and is no need to go through all the links in my prior post to ("Maybe Find") the download link for the Interface. As you are now claiming here, in this post. Since my prior post, specifically stated which link contained the download link. See quote from my prior post above.

I took the time as a response to you here in my prior post. To take some of the available live demo examples for these free Interfaces, by using specific links to them. To make it easier for you to see how these free Interfaces function in real-life situations by using links to working examples, that apply to your specific situation vs. simply giving you a link to a list of dozens of live working examples for these Interfaces. That may not apply to your specific needs.

I would include links to many testimonials about how people using these free Interfaces are happy with them as a response to you. But I would not want you to ("Feel") like they were also spam.

So instead. I will simply state, that I have been and will continue to try to provide free solutions for others with my spare time, as I have for many years.

Please see the "About Me" link in my signature if needed ("Unless that also feels like spam to you") and thanks for your kind and well thought out words.

Good luck on your current quest and please remember that not allowing yourself to be "Thinking outside the box", is not always the best, quickest and/or cheapest solution to a problem. Hopefully, me stating this, won't be or feel spammy to you.

Don

And it takes you 75 seconds to load...? Wow

How about VLC and RTSP? If you only needed one camera it would be great. If you want to see 4 or more, maybe there is some kind of way to integrate the VLC streams on a web page/html, and just make a shortcut that loads that local HTML on whatever browser you want.

I could get RTSP to work in VLC but it always required me to manually type in my username/password. I had tried a bunch of combinations of adding my user and pass to the URL but could never find the right way to do it, but I finally found one that works tonight.

rtsp://username:password@cam.ip.address:554//Streaming/Channels/1

I only have a couple cameras right now so I'll just set two different macros to quickly pull up whichever one I need in VLC.

This works for me in VLC with a single Hikvision camera rtsp://user:password@ip_address:554/CH001.sdp