I don't know Foscams except by reputation, but they can suffer from marginal CPU horsepower.

First thing I'd do is reduce the frame rate by half or reduce the bit rate by half to see if they helped. I'd also try constant bit rate.

30 fps is generally more than is necessary for any but specialized situations, and if you drop to 15 fps, you should be able to get by with 2Mbps with no problem if those settings help.

Thanks for the answer. I tried with 2Mbps rate and the video is much smoother. But if it has not enough power, why they release it? Can I see what proccessor it has? Tomorrow , I will try to connect wirelessly and/or with different router to exclude the possibility the fault to be in my network. I will post updates.

Thanks for the answer. I tried with 2Mbps rate and the video is much smoother. But if it has not enough power, why they release it? Can I see what proccessor it has? Tomorrow , I will try to connect wirelessly and/or with different router to exclude the possibility the fault to be in my network. I will post updates.

Because its foscam and its junk..lower you frame rate and see if it helps..better yet..if you can still return it, send it back.

Hello. I have tried with both poe and ethernet+power from wall socket but I see lags. Every ~2secs the cars are stopping for <1sec and this continues. Is this normal?

Please see this. It applies to all Foscam IP Cameras MJPEG and H.264 based as well as cameras in wired an wireless modes. It suggests the most stable camera configuration settings:

http://foscam.us/forum/post15934.html#p15934

Note: I have all the Foscam IP Camera models. Including this one. I have no issues like this. In wired or wireless modes.

Two live Foscam FI9828W IP Cameras using automatic refreshed snapshots also not having any issues:

U.S.

China

Please also verify you are using the most current firmware as well:

http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx

Don

Thanks for the answers.

@TheUberOverLord

1.I have static ip address and I have set the dhcp range of router correctly.

2. I have upnp disabled.

3. I have wired connection(tried both ethernet+wall socket and poe).

4. I have set ftp server of the router disk, so the banwidth is 1gbps. Moreover, I have tested the disk can read/write 30MBytes/sec.

5. I dont have any problems with reboots.

Today, I tried with different router. The results were the same. Yesterday I tried with ethernet and wall socket. So, the poe switch and the poe splitter are not the problem.

Moreover, I downgrade to other versions of firmware and I upgraded to the last again. With all firmwares I had the same problem.

I tried with ddns and only tcp connection. Again the same problem.

I tried with different programs and different browsers.

I port scanned the camera and I found that it has the port 65534 opened. Is it normal? Because, I read on internet that this port is for hack attack.

Additionally, the foscam support said that the videos seemed normal.

The only thing I did not try was wireless connection. The only thing I think is if the black cable of camera has problem, because I push it on installation.

These are the ping times of the camera to my pc:

1971838129_ScreenShot2015-03-19at3_48_27PM.png.b3018401f7f0bb612cdbb2b00d35f568.png

Thanks for the answers.

@TheUberOverLord

1.I have static ip address and I have set the dhcp range of router correctly.

2. I have upnp disabled.

3. I have wired connection(tried both ethernet+wall socket and poe).

4. I have set ftp server of the router disk, so the banwidth is 1gbps. Moreover, I have tested the disk can read/write 30MBytes/sec.

5. I dont have any problems with reboots.

Today, I tried with different router. The results were the same. Yesterday I tried with ethernet and wall socket. So, the poe switch and the poe splitter are not the problem.

Moreover, I downgrade to other versions of firmware and I upgraded to the last again. With all firmwares I had the same problem.

I tried with ddns and only tcp connection. Again the same problem.

I tried with different programs and different browsers.

I port scanned the camera and I found that it has the port 65534 opened. Is it normal? Because, I read on internet that this port is for hack attack.

Additionally, the foscam support said that the videos seemed normal.

The only thing I did not try was wireless connection. The only thing I think is if the black cable of camera has problem, because I push it on installation.

These are the ping times of the camera to my pc:

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 3.48.27 PM.png[/attachment]

You are very welcome.

What are your video settings and can you try another Ethernet cable connected directly to your Router/AP to see if that makes a difference?

Something is obviously different then normal. So, I am trying to remove things to see if the camera itself is faulty.

Don

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the answer.

Here are the firmware:

and these are the settings:

I tried poe with cat6 cable and ethernet+wall socket with different cat5e cable. The cat5e was connected directly to my router and it is the same I use every day with my pc and I have 1Gb link.

158748405_ScreenShot2015-03-19at4_12_31PM.png.cd8f1fc2961b91c11c34ebf33d67a41d.png

1584875188_ScreenShot2015-03-19at4_15_27PM.png.e1b5143a75192fef01a85ce89c095b02.png

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the answer.

Here are:

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 4.12.31 PM.png[/attachment]

Yes. I am sorry. Please re-read my post. I edited it after I realized you said you are on current firmware.

Don

I edited my previous post. Moreover, I have reset it from browser and from the button on camera many times. Thanks again.

Edited by Guest

I edited my previous post. Thanks again.

You are very welcome.

Have you tried using a Ethernet cable without using PoE ("Using the AC/DC adapter for power instead") and do that directly from the camera to the Router/AP?

My goal is to try and remove as many things as possible to see if the camera is faulty or something else is contributing to this issue.

Don

Edited by Guest

Yes, the cat5e was connected directly to my router and it is the same I use every day with my pc and I have 1Gb link. With wall socket, I meaned the power adapter the camera came with.

Yes, the cat5e was connected directly to my router and it is the same I use every day with my pc and I have 1Gb link. With wall socket, I meaned the power adapter the camera came with.

Please contact your seller and ask them how to proceed. Most likely you will need to get the camera replaced. If your seller is Foscam.us, please see this:

http://foscam.us/contactus.html

Don

If you dont mind please check if your fi9828w has the port 65534 opened. Thanks again!

Yes. It's opened but it is used for ptp/cloud access not for hacking.

This would not cause the issue you are seeing. So please contact your seller as I suggested to in my prior post to see how they say to proceed.

Don