rkjha

Honeywell IP system extension with vendor neutral system

We have a 20 Honeywell IP cameras(onvif) and 4 honeywell dvr (connected to analogue cameras). The sytem is connected over a fibre optic network with network switches. The system is viewed on Honeywell NVR for IP cameras and normal computer for DVR connected analogue cameras.

We will like to add addition vendor neutral DVR and IP cameras and a cntral software which can view the older honeywell system as well as the new IP & DVR system. Pl advise

R K Jha

INDIA

I just checked Genetec Security Center and the only Honeywell product they support is H4D2F1.

I would suggest putting your analog cameras on encoders that will play nice with whatever software you choose and put the old DVR's in the dumpster.

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thanks for your mail. Can we use a t connection in analogue. One going to DVr and one to encoder, so that we can best of both worlds. Analogue in DVR and Ip in the software.

Also, suggest a suitable Ip software.

Regards

R K Jha

Can we use a t connection in analogue.

It would be better if your DVRs had a loop out. Some DVRs have it and some don't.

You can "T" the signal but be aware that it may weaken the signal. You will just have to try it and see.

I don't have a suggestion on software because I only work with Genetec Omnicast/Security Center and Avigilon.

Blue Iris supports ONVIF, but the spec is a bit shaky, so you never know for sure until you try.

You'd need a pretty powerful PC to run it with 24 cams, depending on resolution and frame rate. You can download a demo to try it out first.