shanus696

Help with Samsung NVR (SRN1000)

Hey Guys,

Looking for practically any help possible on this.

I recently purchased a Samsung SRN1000 NVR for my small office. I have a setup of 6 cameras basically a mix of no brand POE powered IP Cams.

I have all the cameras hooked up to a Netgear POE Switch (JGS524PE) Its a "Smart Switch" So i can log into it and change basic functions.

Anyway my setup is all the cameras connected to this switch then the switch is connected into the NETWORK 2 port on my Samsung NVR.

Connected into the NETWORK 1 port is a cable that leads to another switch that has my computers and router on it.

I have it basically set up exactly how it is in the manual (IMAGE 1)

Network config of each of the NICS on the NVR is in (IMAGE 2 & IMAGE 3). Note that the NVR is set to Static to always receive 192.168.0.3 on NETWORK 1

Now the Cameras obviously need an IP Address so in the NVR settings I enabled DHCP Server on Network port 2 (IMAGE 4)

In the cameras web server function i set the IP for each camera to 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.6 respectively for each of the 6 cameras. I did this by hooking them up to the switch that has my router and PCs on it, logging into the device, updating the IP then unplugging and plugging into the camera switch.

But some really weird stuff happens. In the "Check IP" list on the NVR it lists devices on the switch that has my PC and their IP addresses that have been received my the DHCP server on my router. (Basically everything on the NETWORK 1 Port) This is weird because DHCP is set to Running only on NETWORK 2 which is plugged into the switch that has the cams on it only. Whats even more weirder is that apart from my PCs showing up on the list none of the cams show up? This means i obviously cant register them onto the NVR. I am seriously at my wits end with it. Ive spent hours trying different configurations to no avail.

(IMAGE 5)

Any help that anyone could provide would be amazingly helpful and id sincerely appreciate it.

Cheers, Shane

IMAGE1.PNG.e06a63fea7be6ae924f7465e415df90a.PNG

IMAGE2.thumb.png.b7a4cf35bdb43f3add08415db6127bd5.png

IMAGE3.thumb.png.03baba212f6ec8c365375996c67f3f70.png

Just as a further clarification the DHCP server range is actually set from 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.254.

I took the screenshot when i was fiddling with some settings.

Thanks again.

not sure if the nvr will only recognise Samsung cameras using the mac codes as opposed to recognising the IP addresses. maybe a call to Samsung tech, or is there a way of manualy adding the ip address and select - other type or unknown - if they are not Samsung cameras then see if you can get connected- you will probably have to define the rts port under the manual registration process along with login and password details for authentication so that the nvr will pick it up again this may be different than the Samsung default rts port.

Yeah, there is the option for RTSP. So I enter in the IP address and the port (as set on the camera and in the NVR) but nothing. It just comes back with Connection Failed - Unknown Reason. If I unplug the camera switch from the network 2 port and plug it into the same switch that has all my PCs and stuff on it connects. It's kind of like the DHCP server on the NVR isn't working.

Did you ever get this working? I have about 30 cameras that are non Samsung branded (Dynacolor, Hunt Electronic) and none of them will register with the NVR, I also get the Connection Failed - Unknown Reason error code.

Cameras: 10.1.128.X

NVR: 10.1.128.2

I can access the web console of any of the cameras when I get on the camera subnet, and the NVR can add Samsung branded cameras using the Samsung protocol, but any device trying to use OnVIF fails for unknown reason. I have the time of the NVR and cameras synced. Any idaes?

mcapps,

Have you found the answer why as long as the camera's ONVIF setting is on, you cannot add it to the NVR? As soon as I disable it - no problem.

Thanks,

Lev

Did you ever get this working? I have about 30 cameras that are non Samsung branded (Dynacolor, Hunt Electronic) and none of them will register with the NVR, I also get the Connection Failed - Unknown Reason error code.

Cameras: 10.1.128.X

NVR: 10.1.128.2

I can access the web console of any of the cameras when I get on the camera subnet, and the NVR can add Samsung branded cameras using the Samsung protocol, but any device trying to use OnVIF fails for unknown reason. I have the time of the NVR and cameras synced. Any idaes?