Sign in to follow this  
Paullyboy

Hikvision IVMS-4200 storage server to IVMS-4500 blues

Hello everyone. I've read and read and I'm lost, so this is my first post. I'd like to think I will pay it forward when I get this figured out as I haven't really seen this setup used yet. I see some guys recommending using PCNVR 1.3 and ditching IVMS-4200 V2 for those of us who want to make a standalone computer our DVR.

Here is the setup

I have a PC connected via Wifi running IVMS-4200 v2.03.005 w/ USB HD3.0 SSD HD attached. I'll call this my PCNVR V2

The USB3.0 HD acts as the PCNVR (I have no idea why they don't let you record locally yet) by running Storage Server application and IVMS4200 simultaneously. It works and I'm able to view remote playback on IVMS-4500

The problem arises in not being able to view live on IVMS-4500

RTSP 554 forwarded to PCNVR V2

Port 82 forwarded to PCNVR V2

Port 8000 forwarded to PCNVR V2

Again I have successfully got IVMS-4500 to watch video on Remote Playback, but anytime I choose "live view" on the app it just gives me ERROR CODE 73.

Am I missing something to do with RTSP, Wifi connection of NVR, or am I missing the fact that this just can't be done?

It's 4am and I'm giving a last ditch effort by restoring my pc and going back to the stable and handy PCNVR v1.3 that always worked for me, but if someone can chime in and tell me how to get over this ERROR CODE 73 I usually feel like the newest software is the best, even if I have to make the learning curve

Okay, now just reinstalled PCNVR

Uhh... No remote record file available. So basically I could get remote recording to be viewed with 4200 client software and storage server, but not live playback.

And exact opposite with PCNVR. Live playback, but no remote recording.

I know it is recording to the drive, because I watched it on the pc that is running PCNVR1.3

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I just missed something small. I've only been at this for 8 hours or so.

Thanks,

Update for everyone. There is no doubt in my mind PCNVR 1.3 (newest version available on Europe's Engligh site) is the most stable and easy to use, manage and playback from. I have yet to get playback control remotely, but I'm sure in tIme I will get it figured out.

Good luck everyone and if anyone can help answer the questions I originally asked, I would still like to know where I'm going wrong.

another update and request for help. I set up pcnvr, However the new app downloads only let me view one camera of 6 when I put in the pcnvr credentials.

Also remote playback still doesn't work.

Anyone know how to fix this or supply me a pathway of checking errors? Setup pcnvr on 8001 and 81. could this be a problem because I have all my cameras set to different pad through ports? 82,83,84, etc.?

I always feel like giving back if anyone wants to solve issues you can piggy back off me. All I had to do was move one of the cameras that was on port 80 to a different port and put the PCNVR back to port 80 and the HIkvision 4500 (not HD) works flawlessly with playback.

Good luck everyone!

Hi M8

I have tried myself with the 4200 software and can confirm live view does not work on the mobile apps - ERROR CODE 73.

I know its not a port forwarding issue as I get the same error when using the internal wireless and ip..

Playback is good as i think this uses the storage server but i guess the live view uses some sort of port 554 redirection to the cameras..

Anyhow thank you for your posts - i will now revert to pcnvr.

Something you guys are doing must be wrong... I use IVMS-4200 PCNVR and it records the files to the drive, allows me to do live view, setup grids for motion detection etc etc. I haven't ran into a single issue with this software.

I am running 2 hik bullet cameras and just purchased two more.

I am able to view the live feed and playback from my samsung S5. I had issues with IVMS-4500, so I downgraded back to 4200.

Make sure you are port forwarding port 8000 in order to use the mobile app, as that's the port it uses...

For example.

PCNVR server is setup using 192.168.1.100, make sure you allow port 8000 on our router and map it to 192.168.1.100.

Good luck!

Consider changing the default port 8000 to something else...and most certainly don't forget to change the default passwords.

I logged more than one failed admin login attempt on 8000, from Chinese IP addresses, to my NVR before I changed the port.

Beware.