xavier4or

Weird Avigilon Control Center System Event

I haven't seen this ACC5 error message before:

[2015-Apr-13 02:22:18 PM (PDT)] Recording interrupted on camera 'Sideyard' because the system time has been changed backwards. Recording will resume at 2015-Apr-13 02:22:36.768 PM.

Not sure how my Hikvision camera changed its time backwards?!?

For the camera:

NTP

Server time.windows.com

NTP Port 123

Interval 1440 min

Same NTP server (time.windows.com) on the server.

Maybe somehow they got out of synch? More curious than anything else since I haven't seen this before.

Thanks. If I see it happen again - I will change the Hikvision time update to 1x week (10080 minutes). I'm guessing it is a fluke since I haven't see it on the other 6 cameras before.

But I have only had the ACC5 for ~60 days - and loving it! ~

Thanks. If I see it happen again - I will change the Hikvision time update to 1x week (10080 minutes). I'm guessing it is a fluke since I haven't see it on the other 6 cameras before.

I have never pointed a camera to a NTP server for time sync.

The VMS server should be handling this.

I saw this thread and was like: "Yes! finally a thread not about Hikvision. And then there it is!"

LOL. Well I do have several questions on ACC5 that I can start asking if there is interest.

* Microphone loses ACC5 connection when ACC admin tool is stopped or restarted (Avigilon looking into this)

* Server CPU utilization. Mid-to-high end server but CPU and GPU utilization is 80-100% with ACC5 on 8x cameras (26x19 resolution), 4k monitor

* ACC5 HD storage utilization. Better to set max time storage (ie 60 days) or let ACC5 manage the disk quota and delete files?

* ACC Mobile. Camera microphone thru app? App seems a little "rough" compare to HK iVMS 4500 interface.

And several more ACC5 questions. I can start a new thread...

FYI - I have been meaning to write-up a Hikvision iVMS 4200 vs ACC5 transition story. I finally got so fed up with the Hikvision SW that I started out with a trial version of ACC5 and end up purchasing a 8 channel copy. And now loving the ACC5!

I have never pointed a camera to a NTP server for time sync.

The VMS server should be handling this.

Yep,Agree

never care about camera and NTP

ACC will do job just fine

* Microphone loses ACC5 connection when ACC admin tool is stopped or restarted (Avigilon looking into this)

What kind of microphone/mfg, how is it wired up, and connected to who/what camera?

* Server CPU utilization. Mid-to-high end server but CPU and GPU utilization is 80-100% with ACC5 on 8x cameras (26x19 resolution), 4k monitor

8 cameras of what kinda? Hik? what megapixel kind? If Hik what is secondary stream resolution at? How much bandwidth are the cameras doing?

What brand/model video card?

As a side note; ACC5 isn't designed to take advantage of 4K monitors.

* ACC5 HD storage utilization. Better to set max time storage (ie 60 days) or let ACC5 manage the disk quota and delete files?

I'd just leave them at MAX recording time unless you need a camera or two to do exactly 60days

* ACC Mobile. Camera microphone thru app? App seems a little "rough" compare to HK iVMS 4500 interface.

No audio capabilities through mobile app. The app works and works very efficiently in streaming only the part

of the scene you are requesting showing either live or recorded video. Using Enterprise software you can now do push notification 'Alarm'

events to the mobile app which is nice. Pulling up Saved views is a nice feature as well on the app.

Hi. Regarding the microphone issue. Here is my camera set-up

8 Hikvision Cameras: 3x DS-2CD7283F-EIZHS (5mp), 4x DS-2CD7283F-EIZH (5mp); 1x DS-2CD783F-EIZ (5mp)

3x Line-in microphone: Louroe LE-075 Verifact E Microphone

1x Mic-in microphone: Louroe LE-770 Verifact A-ML Level Microphone

For some reason ACC5 drops the microphone "association" when ACC5 admin tool quits, restarts, stops, etc...

Avigilon had me do a Wireshark capture but still trying to root cause the issue. Some misc notes:

* Avigilon is saying the HK cameras aren't listed on the ONVIF website, http://www.onvif.org/FindaProduct/ProfileProducts.aspx

* Hikvision DS-2CD7283F-EIZHS spec sheet says ONVIF profile S compliant

* Avigilon is contacting Hikvision for additional "information"

I have called in a few times to Avigilon support and give them an 'A' - but this problem has been logged for 30 days with Avigilon now (3/13 filed date) and still no fix. Grrrr....

Do you have a dedicated server or is your server also your client?

Server is also my client.

A few thoughts on this:

* ACC5 Server is only taking up 2-4% of CPU utilization

* Using a high-end Intel Xeon E3 with integrated graphics (p4600/4700). E5 don't have integrated graphics.

* 4k video card are pretty expensive and not sure if I will get a better CPU/GPU utilization results

I am also using my server as the Gateway client - although I have only 2 mobile devices that occasionally remote it.

The Gateway software can be installed on the same computer as the Avigilon Control Center Server software, but it is strongly recommended that the Gateway be installed separately

Thoughts? I presume the right workstation or server should be able to handle 8+ 5mp camera real time?

Thoughts? I presume the right workstation or server should be able to handle 8+ 5mp camera real time?

The Avigilon server is extremely lightweight. One of my sites had 11 cameras (8 analog and 3 megapixel IP) running on a cheap Atom-based Zortac with no problems. After several years of continuous operation the cheap disk drive started to fail. If I had used an enterprise grade disk drive, it would still be running just fine. My suggestion is to use a dedicated server.

PowerEdge R710

Processor E5506, 2.13/4.8, 4MB, XDN, D0

6GB Ram

Windows 7

19 5mp JPEG 2000 cameras that have enough motion activity it takes 25TB to get 30 days.

187399_1.jpg

192345_1.jpg

Same model server with about 70 assorted cameras. Encoders, and a few 5MP, and few 2MP

192345_2.jpg

269855_1.jpg

The Avigilon server is extremely lightweight. .

I guess I'm confused - if the Avigilon server is lightweight - will separating the server and the client really improve the CPU utilization rate?

ssmith10pn - is your system capture on with the client running with all the camera windows "open"? I have noticed if I minimize the ACC5 client window - the utilization goes down dramatically.

Glad to provide some screen shots if that would help.

The upstream is data going to the clients. It doesn't effect the CPU on the server that I have noticed.

But these are dedicated servers and separate Avigilon Control Center clients with 4 monitors on each.

There are 11 ACC Servers total all loaded about the same.

It sounds like I don't have a server "hardware" issue but client "hardware" issue. (Note my server and client viewer are the same system)

What is driving the high client CPU utilization rate? 8x 5mp cameras? 4K monitor displaying the 8x (26x19) resolutions at the same time? Maybe the lack of a video card - but I do think the Intel Xeon has enough GPUs - esp since it fully supports 4k resolution.

I guess here are some experiments that I could try:

* Install a separate server system

* Install a 4k video card

* ???

Thanks for the help.

Maximum.

But if I change to High - won't that downgrade the quality of the image? Which negates the 4k resolution goodness.

Maximum.

Try setting it to Medium.

But if I change to High - won't that downgrade the quality of the image? Which negates the 4k resolution goodness.

This setting has no affect on the recorded video. The purposed of hi res cameras is to record forensic detail.

Maximum.

Set your client to the default setting do not set a Maximum. Your client CPU is so high because your decoding the full HD stream on cameras which is not needed. Change the setting to defualt which will use HDSM.

Thanks guy - this is definitely the trigger for the higher CPU utilization. When I move this down to High (default) - the utilization drops down to 20-30%.

Question - the cameras do look noticeable better on Maximum vs High (in the 8 camera view) - is there anything I can do to help "enable" the Maximum resolution? I'm not sure if a video card, separate server, etc will help...