Sign in to follow this  
rome

alarm upload

How does Alarm Upload work in the dahua nvr? What external unit is compatible with it?

My cctv is in remote building and I enabled Video Loss and Tampering so whenever someone pull out the camera or cover it.. alarm can be enabled.. however, even though I have alarm out, no one in the building to hear the loud siren and the email upload doesn't work and Push Notification is not available for Video Loss or Tampering. So I'd like to use the Alarm Upload.. what additional devices must I need?

Thank you.

How does Alarm Upload work in the dahua nvr? What external unit is compatible with it?

My cctv is in remote building and I enabled Video Loss and Tampering so whenever someone pull out the camera or cover it.. alarm can be enabled.. however, even though I have alarm out, no one in the building to hear the loud siren and the email upload doesn't work and Push Notification is not available for Video Loss or Tampering. So I'd like to use the Alarm Upload.. what additional devices must I need?

Thank you.

What, no one has any idea how it works?

Thank you.

You can hook your alarm output up to a GSM Dialler with alarm inputs that will send you a text message on alarm.

Something like this

http://www.bvg.com.au/wp-content/uploads/890-399_GSM_manual_rev2.1-1.pdf

Also make sure you have the latest stable firmware

Thank you.

You can hook your alarm output up to a GSM Dialler with alarm inputs that will send you a text message on alarm.

Something like this

http://www.bvg.com.au/wp-content/uploads/890-399_GSM_manual_rev2.1-1.pdf

Also make sure you have the latest stable firmware

I know how to use the Alarm Output option in the Video Loss and Tampering. I was asking how to use the Alarm Upload.. it seems to use the network and not the alarm output at the back of the units. Anyone has used the Alarm Upload?

I know how to use the Alarm Output option in the Video Loss and Tampering. I was asking how to use the Alarm Upload.. it seems to use the network and not the alarm output at the back of the units. Anyone has used the Alarm Upload?

Are you talking about FTP upload on alarm? What model DVR/NVR?

Are you talking about FTP upload on alarm? What model DVR/NVR?

It appears to be separate from the FTP. It's Dahua 4208 (the new 5Mbps bandwidth). It says in the manual:

"Alarm upload: System can upload the alarm signal to the network (including alarm centre) if you enabled current function."

What's an alarm centre? It's not the GSM dialer because it seems t he signal passes by the network.

It appears to be separate from the FTP. It's Dahua 4208 (the new 5Mbps bandwidth). It says in the manual:

"Alarm upload: System can upload the alarm signal to the network (including alarm centre) if you enabled current function."

What's an alarm centre? It's not the GSM dialer because it seems t he signal passes by the network.

They are talking about a security company monitoring centre.

Ok. Say. When you want to connect a siren to the alarm output of the dahua NVR. Do you connect the circuit directly to the alarm output (shorting and closing the circuit when alarm output triggered). How much ampere can it take? Or do you have to create a separate relay for the alarm output.. how? Thanks.

Ok. Say. When you want to connect a siren to the alarm output of the dahua NVR. Do you connect the circuit directly to the alarm output (shorting and closing the circuit when alarm output triggered). How much ampere can it take? Or do you have to create a separate relay for the alarm output.. how? Thanks.

Do you have an existing alarm panel? If so just wire the DVR alarm output into the existing panel as a sensor. If not then you will probably need a relay unless the alarm output can handle the current draw. How much your particular system will handle should be in the manual.

Do you have an existing alarm panel? If so just wire the DVR alarm output into the existing panel as a sensor. If not then you will probably need a relay unless the alarm output can handle the current draw. How much your particular system will handle should be in the manual.

Please see attached picture of the dahua nvr alarm output setting. When I save it as AUTO. it can go to STOP an hour later. And when happens. No Alarm output is being sent out even when the Alarm Output box is selected (and the output #1 or #2 checked) and the Tampering is triggered (I know because the buzzer sounded off).. but because the Alarm Output (again see file attached picture) goes STOP, the relay doesn't trigger. Why does it goes to STOP after saving/setting it to AUTO. Any idea? Tnx

517300771_alarmoutput.JPG.05f25aa8aac2bfb1041f7077553f0df5.JPG

Please see attached picture of the dahua nvr alarm output setting. When I save it as AUTO. it can go to STOP an hour later. And when happens. No Alarm output is being sent out even when the Alarm Output box is selected (and the output #1 or #2 checked) and the Tampering is triggered (I know because the buzzer sounded off).. but because the Alarm Output (again see file attached picture) goes STOP, the relay doesn't trigger. Why does it goes to STOP after saving/setting it to AUTO. Any idea? Tnx

Sounds like a bug. Have you upgraded to the latest firmware?

Sounds like a bug. Have you upgraded to the latest firmware?

I know why now. It's because if you adjust any Alarm Output setting in the gDMSS software in the android or apple. You set the NVR Alarm output setting remotely as either open or close. This means it removes it from AUTO mode and all the alarm inputs you connected in the NVR won't work anymore because it went to STOP mode (output off) in standby instead of AUTO mode.. There is no way to remotely set the NVR alarm output setting to AUTO using gDMSS. I just realized this after months of using the NVR.

Now how does one put it back to AUTO using SmartPss remotely. Is there a way? There seems to be no Alarm Output Auto, Off setting in Smart Pss PC software. Anyone else can help?