I just got this HD camera and it's claimed a day/night cam and assumed it could see IR. Am I missing some sort of setting?

I just got this HD camera and it's claimed a day/night cam and assumed it could see IR. Am I missing some sort of setting?

A bit more detail about the camera would help. Have you tried setting it to night or black and white mode? Have you confirmed that the IR cut filter is withdrawing when set to night mode?

Duhua SD42212Sn-HN it's an IP cam, I got one in a globe because I have allot of wind/dust and use motion detection. Also wanted remote IR for lamination because of bugs. While the low light vision is impressive, there is no light here during new/no moons.

I tried day/night and turning on "IR Correction" no difference.

I found the IR LED nm rating has something to do with it. This Duhua cam can't see 840nm IR's. It can see those cheap china ebay 36 LED bullet cam IR's, I can't find the nm rating.

There is shutter speed setting and such, I tried a couple but it didn't seem to matter at all. I'm sure I'm missing something. Or more to the point I don't know what I'm setting.

Duhua SD42212Sn-HN it's an IP cam, I got one in a globe because I have allot of wind/dust and use motion detection. Also wanted remote IR for lamination because of bugs. While the low light vision is impressive, there is no light here during new/no moons.

I tried day/night and turning on "IR Correction" no difference.

I found the IR LED nm rating has something to do with it. This Duhua cam can't see 840nm IR's. It can see those cheap china ebay 36 LED bullet cam IR's, I can't find the nm rating.

There is shutter speed setting and such, I tried a couple but it didn't seem to matter at all. I'm sure I'm missing something. Or more to the point I don't know what I'm setting.

I think you might mean it has trouble with 940nm IR. 940nm IR, whilst more covert than 850nm gives you significantly less range. Most IP cameras are sensitive to 850nm IR which is what most of the IR LED's used in most cams are. Your cam has no on board IR but if it can see the IR on another cam it isn't IR blind. More likely you dont have enough IR illumination.

Have you got an external IR illuminator hooked up? If so what type? How far away from the camera and where is it positioned in relation to the camera. How far from the camera is the scene being illuminated?

The specs on the IR are indeed 840nm and I have a 250'+ IR range on this same camera in total darkness. The Duhua can't see the 840nm from this camera, it shows the area pitch black. While the 250' range camera it looks like daylight in total darkness. I have to assume the Duhua needs a setting change. The IR the Duhua does see is the china cheapo IR that is not installed on any camera and I have no clue on the specs.

The 840nm illuminator is pointed at a tan wall about 15' away, the Duhua is 5 feet away pointed at the same wall, the Duhua can't see the wall.

Does it have a cut filter? I don't hear one and low light conditions work well.

Am I the only one that owns one of these?

Does it have a cut filter? I don't hear one and low light conditions work well.

Am I the only one that owns one of these?

It does have a cut filter...It should pick up 850nm IR...You reference 840..are you sure its not 940?

Either your IR filter is stuck, you are not using IR with the proper wavelength or you have a setting wrong keeping the camera in day mode.

Ok, excuse the one digit, it's 850nm, says this on the spec sheet.

It turned out to be a setting like I thought. For the lurkers; camera>conditions>conditions>day&night>'type' has to be set on 'mechanical' to see IR. Exposure on shutter priority and 1/4 really makes it bright in low light, no IR conditions, but huge delays. Don't leave it there for daytime. While I didn't time it, it seems to take 10 seconds to see a setting change.

I haven't been able to record anything on this unit on a SD or PC, no clue why. Won't run on IE 11 but runs on 8, but does crash. Don't install the software that comes with it, it looks to be only a front to load a virus, the program won't let you set up any info to make it run or be useful.