Mavrik

Mega pixel streaming poorly

I got my first wired IP 2 mega pixel Duhua camera but am disappointed that it doesn't stream well even in 720 mode (pauses). Is this common in mega pixel cameras? I'm using an Asus HD router.

I'm also having issues with IE browser, it will work with 8 but not 11. 11 won't install the support file.

I got my first wired IP 2 mega pixel Duhua camera but am disappointed that it doesn't stream well even in 720 mode (pauses). Is this common in mega pixel cameras? I'm using an Asus HD router.

I'm also having issues with IE browser, it will work with 8 but not 11. 11 won't install the support file.

No its not common..you either have a network issue or some other glitch...try streaming it to vlc or dahuas pss software and see if you have the issue..

The pss doesn't work, it won't even let me enter an IP address or anything.

VLC says can't open source. But I don't know how to use VLC in this manner. What destination do I use? etc

The pss doesn't work, it won't even let me enter an IP address or anything.

VLC says can't open source. But I don't know how to use VLC in this manner. What destination do I use? etc

You are doing something wrong with pss...did you try smart pss?

I dont know the string off the top of my head but you should be able to find it with a quick search..

pss program should at least allow me to enter connect data into highlighted fields, it won't even show any typing. Where is "smart" pss?

Destination VLC asks for a port and path, what does it need? I want the destination to be the VLC player. I got my capture card to work on the VLC player. I tried to send to file, VLC doesn't like my input path and I used the http example.

Internet explorer browser is being retired this year, what are people going to for IP cameras?

pss program should at least allow me to enter connect data into highlighted fields, it won't even show any typing. Where is "smart" pss?

Destination VLC asks for a port and path, what does it need? I want the destination to be the VLC player. I got my capture card to work on the VLC player. I tried to send to file, VLC doesn't like my input path and I used the http example.

Internet explorer browser is being retired this year, what are people going to for IP cameras?

smart pss is available on dahuas website..

vlc will require an rtsp path..

chrome works as well

The only part I understand on the rtsp path in the VLC examples is 8080 which it the port.

rtsp://server.example.org:8080/test.sdp

I'm really lost, I don't understand the VLC wiki info I've been finding, can you fill in fake example what would go into the "server.example.org" space.

What does the destination need to path to the run video on the VLC player?

One can't download smart pss program from Duhua website.

The only part I understand on the rtsp path in the VLC examples is 8080 which it the port.

rtsp://server.example.org:8080/test.sdp

I'm really lost, I don't understand the VLC wiki info I've been finding, can you fill in fake example what would go into the "server.example.org" space.

What does the destination need to path to the run video on the VLC player?

One can't download smart pss program from Duhua website.

smart pss is available as a free download from the website...

http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Dahua

I don't trust ispy, I found a virus in their program. Before that videos ran real slow/choppy with simple setups. Ispy is not a good choice to check videos for full speeds. Need a real basic player like VLC.

So you don't know how to setup VLC to stream?

I don't trust ispy, I found a virus in their program. Before that videos ran real slow/choppy with simple setups. Ispy is not a good choice to check videos for full speeds. Need a real basic player like VLC.

So you don't know how to setup VLC to stream?

The link was not for ispy...its a list of rtsp streams for dahua ...

there is no virus in the ispy program..if your antivirus flagged it, its a false positive...regardless ispy is a poor choice because they charge monthly for remote access and alerts..

Download smart pss...its on the dahua website...'

have you tried viewing your camera in chrome?

You can also try downloading the demo version of blue iris and see the feed there

http://blueirissoftware.com/download/