The CEO of our company just can't be satisfied. We are in the process of rolling out surveillance systems to our stores, however, he is not satisfied with the software. He believes, when playing back surveillance footage that he should be able to just click on an area in the field of view and be able to jump to motion events that occurred in that specific area. I've looked at systems like Vivotek who's advanced motion detection allows you to define 'motion windows' within the camera feed, however, the displays in our stores are frequently moved and re-merchandised, thus the motion windows would have to be updated simultaneously; highly impractical. I suppose it would be possible to create a grid of windows to cover the entire screen, however, I am unable to find any documentation on how many motion windows you can have per camera, and whether or not this is even practical.

Ideas? Suggestions?

The CEO of our company just can't be satisfied. We are in the process of rolling out surveillance systems to our stores, however, he is not satisfied with the software. He believes, when playing back surveillance footage that he should be able to just click on an area in the field of view and be able to jump to motion events that occurred in that specific area. I've looked at systems like Vivotek who's advanced motion detection allows you to define 'motion windows' within the camera feed, however, the displays in our stores are frequently moved and re-merchandised, thus the motion windows would have to be updated simultaneously; highly impractical. I suppose it would be possible to create a grid of windows to cover the entire screen, however, I am unable to find any documentation on how many motion windows you can have per camera, and whether or not this is even practical.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Check Avigilon pixel motion recording and search

Here is an example in Avigilon ACC 4. The user interface has changed in ACC 5, but the functionality remains.

RO-MMzjohUw

Hi first I would go with avigilon

And another is avermedia

Both will do what you are looking for

Example

Put 10 laptops on display ..... Next day you notice only 9

Click on software play till you see 10 search view change and it will find who took missing laptop

Both avigilon and aver can be altered remotely so does not matter if store is moved around

Thanks for the leads. I showed him the video of the Avigilon system and he was extremely excited until we started researching the cost - he lost interest very quickly. The Aver option is much more affordable and the windows PC card is highly desirable from my systems dept standpoint.

Hi. Avigilon is not that expensive .... What cameras do you have .... Are you analog or IP

And it also depends on what type of stores you have is it high end goods and how many stores and cameras in total

It's called "smart search" and it's available in Hikvision NVRs - if you use Hikvision cameras.

You can use motion detection in area, intrusion detection or line crossing detection on recorded video

Don't just look at the cost to install, factor in costs to search, playback and export.

With Avigilon, the after event time is minimal coz its just so damn quick and easy.

A cheaper system to install, will cost more in the long run for you to sit there and fiddle with the search and export.

Don't just look at the cost to install, factor in costs to search, playback and export.

With Avigilon, the after event time is minimal coz its just so damn quick and easy.

A cheaper system to install, will cost more in the long run for you to sit there and fiddle with the search and export.

Have you tested the new "smart search" in Hikvision NVRs?.

It is easy and quick. Maybe exporting video takes some more time, and there are many files, not only one, but the price-quality ratio is one of the best.

In the new firmware (3.3.0) you can even do a face search if you used 4 series cameras to record and VCA.

I am sorry for Exacq's and Hikvisions Smart Search isn't even in the same league as Avigilon's.

Exacq smart search is kind of slow, comparing to Avigilon, but whats wrong with Hikvision smart search?

I am sorry for Exacq's and Hikvisions Smart Search isn't even in the same league as Avigilon's.

Exacq smart search is kind of slow, comparing to Avigilon, but whats wrong with Hikvision smart search?

I have been testing Smart Search on a hikvision NVR, 2132 5.2.0 camera enabled for line cross detection 7604N-E1/4P NVR firmware v3.3.2 (chinese imported). It seems to work quite well for what i have tested so far. I like how it displays both motion and smart search events in different colours on the time line when you search.

However i have another NVR, 7608NI-SE/P which uses different region firmware (only up to 3.0.15 versions, local model bought from local distributor) and the smart search with same type of cameras attached doesn't seem to work. Cameras haven't been setup for line crossing, but smart search lets you put line crossing or motion area anywhere on the screen for the search so i don't think its related. Even search for motion events on full screen show no events?? Something strange going on i think and its the one feature i need, dont care about email or anything like that.