hottodddy

Help please to find right IP Camera for the job!

I'm going crazy trying to find a camera to do the job and hoping someone here can help me. My criteria are:

• Provides a high resolution (preferably 1920 x 1080) snapshot to a url with no other html on it so I can use it with Video Velocity software.
    Is suitable for outdoor use
    Connects via WiFi
    Has a wide viewing angle (preferably >= 90 degrees, and preferably varifocal)

If you're interested, the application is that I'm about to start converting my tennis court into a garden and I want to capture time-lapse footage of it over the next 10 years. I plan to use Video Velocity software to automate the creation of the time lapse video from snapshots.

I bought an EGLVision camera off EBay because it was the only one I could find that had all the rights specs, but alas, it doesn't have a mjpeg / jpeg stream (i.e. a url with no other html on it where snapshots are accessible, which Video Velocity requires). It does transfer snapshots automatically via FTP, which is almost as good as I could later manually create the time lapse video; but unfortunately it only does this at 704 x 576 pixels, which is not only a lower resolution than I'd like, but also heavily cropped on the sides thereby losing viewing angle.

If anyone can point out a camera that can do this job I would be extremely grateful!

Cheers,

Todd

2 suggestions to broaden your selection/options

1 - You can select a non wifi camera and pair it with a wifi bridge (basically a small router that acts as a wifi client and shares the internet through its ethernet port).

2 - Videolan (VLC) can be used to transmit a MJPEG stream by converting the camera's RTSP stream. Your software can then capture the VLC MJPEG output.