Sign in to follow this  
swatter

Dahua NVR & Dlink POE switch

Hi,

I'm have a real newbie problem, thought it was as easy as plugging cat 5, here's my dilemma:

I needed to move my NVR to another building so after doing some research into POE switches and camera power usage, this is what I bought and did:

I bought a Dlink gigabit it has 4 POE and a total of 52 watts power out put. I then ran a 30m Cat5e cable to the new location for my NVR.

I plugged, 3 Dahua IPC-HDW4300C ip cameras (power consumption 4.5w each) into the POE ports and the Cat5e into the Non-POE port on the Dlink, and the other end of the Cat5e into Camera Port 1 on my NVR.

I thought the Dlink switch would work out the ip address of the Cameras and tell the NVR then show my 3 Cameras ? but it only shows 1 ??

Is there any config I need to do?

Dlink and Dahua links for spec below, thanks in advance

Swatter the newbie lol

http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/business-solutions/switching/unmanaged-switches/desktop/dgs-1008p-8-port-gigabit-poe-unmanaged-switch

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdw4300c-620.html

The D-Link is unmanaged, so it won't do anything with IP addresses but send them along.

It sounds like you need to plug the D-Link connection into the LAN port on the NVR, not the camera port. I'm guessing the camera ports on the NVR aren't generic network ports, but are dedicated to single cams, so the cam port 1 only shows you a single camera.

I'm not familiar with the NVR, but here's what I'd try, assuming there's only 1 LAN port on the NVR:

- Connect the D-Link and the NVR LAN port to your main network switch or router. This may require changing the camera IP addresses to match your main subnet, as the NVR often uses its own subnet settings.

Someone who runs an NVR like this can say for sure what the best way to connect is.