Hi,

How does the Dahua 4K Ultra HD ip camera perform in terms of contrast and image quality in normal and low light? And how much can it be acquired and where (the bullet model IPC-HFW4800E)? Thanks.

I think it's crap, IPVM seemed to like it, it seems to Smash the Axis which is classic.

Dahua $500

Axis $1k

Bosch $1600

I think it's crap, IPVM seemed to like it, it seems to Smash the Axis which is classic.

Dahua $500

Axis $1k

Bosch $1600

I noticed the dahua 4K is only 7fps.. how bad (or still good) is 7fps? Would you rather have 25fps 3mp? Is there anyone a PRO member of the following who can share at least a summary of how the dahua 4k perform in say low light?

http://ipvm.com/report/dahua-4k-test

To find out, we tested Dahua's HFW4800E against 4K cameras from Axis (P1428-E) and Bosch (Dinion 8000) in full light, low light, and WDR scenes to see how they compare.

The complete report is available only to PRO Members.

Dahua $500

Axis $1k

Bosch $1600

I noticed the dahua 4K is only 7fps.. how bad (or still good) is 7fps? Would you rather have 25fps 3mp? Is there anyone a PRO member of the following who can share at least a summary of how the dahua 4k perform in say low light?

To find out, we tested Dahua's HFW4800E against 4K cameras from Axis (P1428-E) and Bosch (Dinion 8000) in full light, low light, and WDR scenes to see how they compare.

I'm a pro member, it did pretty well (smashed the axis) still don't like it

Dahua $500

Axis $1k

Bosch $1600

I think IPVM has a lemon Axis 4K camera as the one we have has a much sharper image. Though the low light and challenging lighting is no better.

yeahhh I don't disagree

the 4k is not worth the price point though, I don't really Like Dahua...

Cammon Hik

Hik'll do one, but it'll be a crap small sensor and junk, maybe in a few more years

Avigilon dropped the price of the 4K camera so we have been selling alot of them recently. 4K, Lowlight and Analytics

Hik has a bunch of 4K's out now though I haven't tested one yet.

Dahua $500

Axis $1k

Bosch $1600

for a running thief in the garage.. what would identify more.. a 7fps 4k camera or 20fps 3Mp camera or 30fps 1080 camera (let's say all dahua)?

well, the 4k which would run fast with a few well aimed bright sensor lights

well, the 4k which would run fast with a few well aimed bright sensor lights

Anyone know when dahua would make 25 fps 4K instead of just 7fps? Or won't they make it at all so I can decide just to get the 3mp for now (instead of waiting it).

Btw.. external IR illuminators sold locally can only work with the analogs ccd.. anyone got a clue why the IR illuminators is invisible to the IP cmos?

Btw.. external IR illuminators sold locally can only work with the analogs ccd..

wtf

Or won't they make it at all so I can decide just to get the 3mp for now (instead of waiting it).

if you are under the impression that 25fps is what you need, buy the 3mp now, maybe two.

Btw.. external IR illuminators sold locally can only work with the analogs ccd.. anyone got a clue why the IR illuminators is invisible to the IP cmos?

The other thing being sold locally is something smelly... Someone's yanking your chain. IR illuminators work fine with IP cams that have movable IR filters.

The other thing being sold locally is something smelly... Someone's yanking your chain. IR illuminators work fine with IP cams that have movable IR filters.

The one that doesn't work is tested using IP cams that have no built in IR. So the answer may be it has fixed IR filter.

How about those dahua mini PTZs (like the following) without any built in IR. Does its sensor have movable or fixed IR filter. How do you check?

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/sd32203s-hn-807.html

It says it's a day-night camera, which usually means a movable IR filter, but it's always good to check if they don't say that specifically.

ETA: It specifies ICR, which is IR cut-filter removal, which means it does have a movable IR filter.