pubquiz1

Can't find "Day/Night' settings menu in Hikvision Software

Hi All

This is my first post so hello to all my name is Tom.

I posted this question to another forum a couple of days ago and don't usually post the same question to multiple forums but haven't had a reply and it's only had 2 views so hope you guys can help.

After reading lots of test reviews etc I have just bought and installed a Hikvision DS-7604NI-SE/P NVR and 3 DS-2CD2132F-IS dome cams.

I bought it from Ali Express and even having to pay £14 import duty it was a big saving on UK prices.

I am totally new to this and had never even made up a network cable before although am not too bad at things like that being a gas engineer and am always doing stuff with my PC's etc... anyway I got a crimping tool and plugs and reel of cable and installed it all & everything worked well first try and I have even (after hours of reading) got it to display on my windows phone using iVMS 4500 I am really pleased with the quality of the footage and hardware.

The Hikvision GUI and website etc though is definitely not the easiest to follow for a newbie like me

Anyway my question is: How do I get into the menu where I can select the Day/Night and IR settings of the cams as I cant find it anywhere?

I would like to have a play with the nightime IR settings etc individually from the daylight controls as it's looking a bit blown out on 1 of the cams at night.

I have read the 'how to's' on various sites which are great but I cant find the 'Basic Configuration' tab .

I can find a configuration tab where I can adjust the brightness and contrast of the cams but not the tab with the more intensive controls like setting auto IR etc either on the menu direct from the NVR or the one you get after logging in.

When I received the NVR it had firmware version 3.0.9 and I have just updated to firmware V 3.0.10 which went without a hitch but still cant find anything.

I have clicked on Remote Configuration, Local Configuration, and all the sub menus under 'Camera Settings' but cant for the life of me find it!

Hope the experts here can help.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom

First off, I don't have a 2132, I have a 2032... but I believe the web interfaces are the same.

On mine, the settings you are looking for are in the Configuration tab, and under the "Advanced Configuration" sub-menu on the left of the screen.

From there, click "Image".

There is a video on youtube where someone is going through the menus on your model of camera:

At the 6:27 mark, he's in the section you should be looking for.

Hi Khx

Thanks for that but it seems that I dont know how to actually get into the web interface of the cameras themselves.

I have the 3 cams plugged directly into the back of the NVR and then the NVR connected to my Sky router.

when I use SADP of Hikvision Tools it just shows the NVR itself not the actual cameras

Do you know how I can access the menu of the cams instead of the NVR?

Have attached a couple of screen grabs of the only screens I know how to get access to.

2073239926_screengrab.thumb.jpg.a3d15417a596ce9935a778c36ea56202.jpg

Plug a laptop or computer's lan cable into one of the spare camera ports on the NVR, and access the cameras directly.

You can see the camera IPs under "Camera Management" on your NVR menu. Probably 172.16.1.x

Set an unused IP on the computer/laptop in the same subnet.. such as 172.16.1.90. Then navigate to the camera's IP with a web browser.

There are other ways, like linking a spare camera port to a spare port on your home network.

Also, some NVRs have a feature that can bridge the two separate networks together internally and let you access the cameras directly right over your existing LAN. Posts on this forum refer to the setting being called "virtual host".

I would go with the first option I stated unless you know what you're doing.

Thanks for that much appreciated.

I still have trouble getting my head around all this IP,Subnet,etc stuff so not exactly sure how to :

" Set an unused IP on the computer/laptop in the same subnet.. such as 172.16.1.90"

The addresses of the 3 cams are: 192.168.254.7

192.168.254.4 and

The 'Internal NIC IPv4 Address' (Whatever that is?) is 192.168.254.1

The 'IPv4 Address' (which I have worked out is the IP address of the NVR as that's what brings up the login screen to access the NVR) is : 192.168.0.23

But you have certainly helped put me on the right track and am learning a bit more about it each day...will try and have a go over the weekend and post here how I get on.

Thanks

Tom

Khx

Thanks to your suggestion I got sorted:

Just after posting my last reply I looked for but couldnt find a spare network cable so with you mentioning it I searched for the 'Virtual Host' posts on this forum.

Sure enough I didn't have it enabled in the NVR's network settings...once I did I managed to get into each cameras controls

Just got to read up now what all the controls do but am a happy bunny now I can actually do it.

A big thanks again for pointing me in the right direction " title="Applause" /> ....Does this forum have a 'Thank a user' button?

Tom

Great.. glad to help. Wasn't sure if yours had the virtual host function... makes things way easier.