Do I need a special NVR if I want to add a wireless camera? I haven't purchase the NVR yet, but I was looking at Hikvision NVR. Apart from the POE cameras I will install, how do I get a wireless camera to the NVR?

I know it's probably a stupid question.

Nope , not a stupid question ... Your nvr connects with a network cable to your wireless router and your wireless camera connects to the wireless router . You first have to connect the camera to the router with a cable and after the camera is set up, it can connect wireless

hi, I have 4 different brands of wireless/wired ip cams, two of them I csnt set there ip address to static, so when ever power goes off, things change anmd I need to set it up again.... I was told an nvr would work as I assign the nvr a static ip address and then anything that changes, the nvr will; sort it out, so I assume that would mean they must get plugged direct into the nvr…. when I plug into router all work, when I plug intpo nvr, none work.... also my nvr lan cable to router lan, the green and yellow light dont come on at all, please advise.... thanks