alexf40

Hikvision liveview not working in Chrome

Hi,

I think a Chrome browser upgrade has stopped the Hikvision camera and NVR liveview from working in Chrome. It keeps telling me to download the plugin "Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug-in." I've tried downloading and re-installing and still get the error message.

I'm using a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR, with V3.0.10 build 141126 is there a newer firmware I should be using?

Cheers

Alex

Just to update - More than a year since Hikvision promised to fix the chrome-compatibility issue, there is still no progress - here is the response from tech support:

"Thank you for your email. We are still working hard on bring compatibility to the Chrome browsers. Meanwhile, you can use Fire fox, and Internet Explorer browsers to logon Hikvision products.

Thank you for your continuing support in using Hikvision products."

To be clear, Hikvision make out that this is a chrome issue but it really is not. Chrome have stopped supporting a technology that was very outdated and fraught with security problems.

Just to update - More than a year since Hikvision promised to fix the chrome-compatibility issue, there is still no progress - here is the response from tech support:

"Thank you for your email. We are still working hard on bring compatibility to the Chrome browsers. Meanwhile, you can use Fire fox, and Internet Explorer browsers to logon Hikvision products.

To be clear, Hikvision make out that this is a chrome issue but it really is not. Chrome have stopped supporting a technology that was very outdated and fraught with security problems.

I have facing the problem still in firefox also. Anyone please clear this issues on firefox, Chrome as well as IE. It would be much appreciate.