shdes

smallest ip cam (almost concealed) and extra IR

I just went to a CCTV shop.. all their concealed and very small size camera that you can hide in the corner are analog 700 TVL.. they don't have any IP models... what is the smallest ip cam you have come across? what smallest is theoretically possible within the limit of current cctv ip technology.

I also inquired about their IR illuminator.. they said it's only for their ccd analogs.. anyone know why it won't work on an IP cmos camera? What is the IR range in the sensors between the analogs and ip cams and and/or between the cctv ccd and cmos? Anyone got a clue?

For a small ip camera google "top201".

I've googled a lot about top201 but can't find info if it is compatible with any NVR (dahua specifically).

Does ALL mini ip cam with onvif compatible with ALL NVR with onvif?

hikvision has a good covert camera also...we've used dozens of them and they're gtg

In quality, just how good is the hikvision compared to other china brand mini covert ip cams?

Most importantly.. which doesn't and does work with say the dahua NVR? because I read some brands even though ONVIF can't be recognized by dahua NVR. Does none-standard ONVIF even makes sense when ONVIF is supposed to be a standard? What do you make of this.

Hik's are 720p. I'm not sure what other brands you're referring to. I've never used Hik's covert camera with a Dahua NVR but I have used other Hik cameras with them. They worked. I'd bet you have a better chance of pairing Hik with a Dahua NVR than a no-name brand.

I also inquired about their IR illuminator.. they said it's only for their ccd analogs.. anyone know why it won't work on an IP cmos camera? What is the IR range in the sensors between the analogs and ip cams and and/or between the cctv ccd and cmos? Anyone got a clue?

IP and analog sensors tend to have the same IR sensitivity, and 850nm IR is the standard. The main difference is whether the cam has an IR filter or not.

Many tiny cams have a fixed IR filter, so they won't see IR at all, and daytime colors are correct. Some have no IR filter, and will see IR, but daytime colors may be off since it's not filtered out. Most regular size cams have movable IR filters that switch in for bright light and out for low light. Generally, any cam with a movable IR filter or no IR filter will see an external IR illuminator.