Sign in to follow this  
paulf5243

Pricing Help for Business Camera System

I have been expanding my business out to IP cameras systems over the past year and I've been asked to quote for a biggish job recently at 3 office buildings. I'm concerned though that my pricing might be high. Below is what I'm suggesting.

17 x Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS 3MP Mini Dome Cams

8 x Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I Varifocal 3MP Bullet Cams

3 x 16 Channel Hikvision Embedded PoE NVR

My quoted price is $17,950 for product and labor. Does that seem too high to anyone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this part of my business is expanding and it absolutely fascinates me.

THe easy part of the job is getting costs for equipment and then coming up with a markup. The big kicker is labor. Do you think it is going to take 10 hours or 100 hours? You need to be realistic and give yourself some leeway. If you don't get it and you know your costs be glad as you will suffer more from an underbid job you get than one you lose because you were "realistic " on your price.

Thanks for the advice. My cost with estimated labor is $10,000. I really want the job and was wondering if that price is reasonable for a job this size.

Hi. It's not just about price .

Lots of companies will do research on what they need or talk to each company about equipment being fitted.

Your price problem will be ....... Your using plug and play

Camera >cable> NVR ..... Because your POE

Which is fine for domestic but not commercial you have no fail safe if NVR goes down. 16 cameras down on each NVR.

Move away from 3 Poe NVRs and look at a good VMS something like avigilon

That will save you money and also give you a stable warranty to offer your customer

Moving from NVR Poe to Poe switches give you a healer way of a second back up system.

System design gets the orders price is second .

Managed Poe switch and power backup for network and cameras is a sales point .

VMS is better one camera going down than a camera taking out a 16 camera POE NVR

I break everything down into a task.

1 to 1.5 man hours per 100' of cable.

.25 to terminate

.5 to mount, point and focus camera,. (Sometimes more)

20 to 25 man hours to install DVR and setup. 8 hours customer training,

Ect, ect,