Sign in to follow this  
Quantum`

Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS Pinouts?

Has anyone installed a mike and sensor on the referenced camera? The instructions are all-Chinese, all the time, and there is no information that I can find.

I need to know if the camera will power an electret-condenser mike, and if so what are the pinouts? If not, what impedance does it want and pinout? For the sensor can it provide power to an IR sensor, and if so, what voltage and pinout?

Has anyone installed a mike and sensor on the referenced camera? The instructions are all-Chinese, all the time, and there is no information that I can find.

I need to know if the camera will power an electret-condenser mike, and if so what are the pinouts? If not, what impedance does it want and pinout? For the sensor can it provide power to an IR sensor, and if so, what voltage and pinout?

The camera will not supply any power....you need to supply the power..

The camera does work with a passive mic if you dont want to run power.

All simple electret condenser mikes require a power source. They are very high impedance. The only passive mikes are speaker-type, and those are very low impedance.

There is no information on what kinds of mikes it's designed for, and not even pinout for the connector. Anyone know?

Well it sure is; my eyes aren't too good.

So for the sensor I have to assume that it has to be a simple open/close device for in and out.

But for the mike, what? There are all kinds of mikes. And for the Out, does the camera have a power amp? What impedance could it possibly be?

Well it sure is; my eyes aren't too good.

So for the sensor I have to assume that it has to be a simple open/close device for in and out.

But for the mike, what? There are all kinds of mikes. And for the Out, does the camera have a power amp? What impedance could it possibly be?

Common Quantum it is not that complicated

Do few experiments

1.plug your headphones into camera and see if its working as microphone ( passive Mic imitations)

2.Connect Audio output from camera with input on your TV ( or any other device with Audio input in your Home)

I would expect that camera has Line Level (250 millivolts + Level)

and so on .....

Quantum` said:
All simple electret condenser mikes require a power source. They are very high impedance. The only passive mikes are speaker-type, and those are very low impedance.

There is no information on what kinds of mikes it's designed for, and not even pinout for the connector. Anyone know?

Yes you can use either type of mic..you can select mic or line in the firmware...what we are telling you is that the camera will NOT supply any power...if you intend to use a mic that requires power you will need to run your own.

Ok thanks Boogieman. That means electret condenser mikes won't work as they always require power. (they need an amp)

ak357, the reason I'm asking is I need to -order- whatever it is. That means waiting, and trying, and trying to return it if it's not right.

Ok thanks Boogieman. That means electret condenser mikes won't work as they always require power. (they need an amp)

ak357, the reason I'm asking is I need to -order- whatever it is. That means waiting, and trying, and trying to return it if it's not right.

They will work, you simply need to run power to them...

Just an hour ago I actually got my first camera installed. I had to use my hacking tools to find it because it wasn't at 192.0.0.64 like networkcameracritic says. Brand new from China it's at .62 . admin:12345

I believe I understand the mike now. In the camera setup you can choose "Mic", or "Line In". What this really means is when set to "Mic" it uses an internal amp, and an electret is what you'd use. When set to "Line In" there is no internal amp and so there must be an external amp for the mic.

Using the internal amp is obviously the best solution as you don't need to worry about getting power for an external amp.

That old Xbox mic looks like the best solution. I'll find one on eBat.

I can't get Live View in any Linux browser, like Firefox or Konqueror. It needs some unnamed plugin. It does work if I reboot to Windows in IE, once I installed Webcomponents.