Quantum`

Firefox Plugin for HikVision?

Does anyone know what plugins work for the HikVision (2132) streams in Linux? I see that in IE it works with WebComponents, but there's no equivalent in Linux.

I've installed libquicktime, but I get a red circle with a slash through it. Watching the browser console I have

GET XHR http://192.0.0.62/ISAPI/PTZCtrl/channels/1/capabilities [HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 12ms]
GET XHR http://192.0.0.62/ISAPI/PTZCtrl/channels/1/presets [HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 26ms]

The VLC plugin gives the same thing, and MJPEG gives a broken link.

HikVision firmware v5.2.5 build 141201

Edited by Guest

OK, I guess no one runs Linux here.

For networking, I want RTSP to run as UDP, not TCP. I've set UDP in Local Config, but then Live View fails. And RTSP is still TCP. Anyone know how to make RTSP, UDP?

Anyone know what "SDK port" 8000 is for? Any way to make it UDP?

Know how to set up email? (Basic and Smart Events have no email tab, and it's nowhere else)

How to make it save to the local SD card rather than to the Windows system running the browser? (I've formatted the card and it sees it, but Local Config doesn't give any way to save to it)

I'm beginning to think v5.2.5 is snakebit.

Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it; it's segregated in Europe. Those are pretty old though and are not 64bit.

With CentOS packages, Quicktime gives a black screen (libquicktime), and gxine doesn't even recognize the stream with all plugins installed. The VLC plugin gives a black screen.

Maybe I'll have a go at compiling webcomponents. Probably there'll be something missing.

I wanted to examine the actual video format to see what the problem might be so I tried to scp an mp4 from the SD card, but the camera doesn't have scp installed (or much else else), so I have to set up an ftp on the server.

You might also want to try iVMS-4200 for Linux.

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1327

Thanks, but apparently no one is using it. All the text is gray on the same color gray background, so the text is invisible. Charming. I have the white-windows to fill stuff in, but I don't know what they are. It's not possible to highlight the text, and it's immune to themes. Very covert...

The Linux WebComponents linked above simply isn't seen by any browser. The libs land in /usr/local/lib/WebComponents, but probably because it's 32bit and my browsers are 64bit, they don't see it.

You might also want to try iVMS-4200 for Linux.

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1327

Thanks, but apparently no one is using it. All the text is gray on the same color gray background, so the text is invisible. Charming. I have the white-windows to fill stuff in, but I don't know what they are. It's not possible to highlight the text, and it's immune to themes. Very covert...

The Linux WebComponents linked above simply isn't seen by any browser. The libs land in /usr/local/lib/WebComponents, but probably because it's 32bit and my browsers are 64bit, they don't see it.

I would think iVMS-4200 for both Windows and Linux would have the same layout. You might have success using screen caps of the Windows version to know what text should correspond with each field. It's not the greatest work around, but I don't think filling in the fields is going to be a common task. Even if it is, you'll soon remember. Either way, if that works, just keep the screen caps handy.

For WebComponents... maybe installing the 32bit browser version? I've never tried installed to install both 32bit and 64bit of anything on the same computer, it could cause problems. I started playing with Linux Mint at the start of May 2015, but by the time I get back to it, and even attempt really using it for anything (like iVMS-4200, or WebComponents) it could be next May.

If you have any success please keep every one posted (there are shy non-posters here that you might just help.)

Yes iVMS is pretty much useless in Linux. I managed to get it installed (with 32bit dependencies in my 64bit machine), and the camera set up. But for some reason in the Main View, the video doesn't show when I click on the camera on the left. And since I can't see any text I can't find out if there may be error messages or problems. Very impressive, HikVision.

Why can't they provide the source code so I can fix it and compile it for 64bit? It's free, isn't it?

OK, I guess no one runs Linux here.

For networking, I want RTSP to run as UDP, not TCP. I've set UDP in Local Config, but then Live View fails. And RTSP is still TCP. Anyone know how to make RTSP, UDP?

Hi, About time I joined this forum

Any luck Quantum?

I am also a Linux user. Am getting sick of running M$ rubbish in my virtual machine.

Have tried the Linux beta and web browser compatibility, No luck on Mint OS.

I am so close to buying a Windows laptop just to set up my DVR's and NVR's on site.

I find Hikvision very good and setup a lot of systems for mobile view for other Security Systems companies. Port forwarding and the stuff most Engineers cannot get their heads around.

Using Team-viewer and their machines is no problem, but I struggle when I go to site as really shouldn't be forced to use Internet explorer.

Maybe we can put our heads together and crack it. I have already cracked most of Hikvisions password resets and resolved many bugs.

... shouldn't be forced to use Internet explorer.

Especially when so many of the DVR/NVR's are running on a Linux platform as it is!

The IE dependency really needs to go away.

anyone get this working in linux without a vm? thanks

well... I run Firefox 52.02 ESR (32 bit) with Wine under Linux... It works... but it's not optimal...