SyconsciousAu

Hikvision DS-2CD4065F-(A) vs Dahua IPC-HF81200E - Questions

G'day Gods of CCTV.

Originally I had the Hikvision DS-2CD4065F-(A) in mind as the camera of choice. US$620 seems to be about the best price for them.

Then I came across the Dahua IPC-HF81200E. It can be had for US$438 from www.cctv-mall.com.

On paper they appear to have similar low light performance

Dahua

Image Sensor 1/2.3” 12Megapixel CMOS

Min. Illumination Color: 0.01Lux/F1.2, B/W: 0.001Lux/F1.2

Resolution 12M(4000×3000)/8M(3840×2160)/1080P(1920×1080) ...

Frame Rate Main Stream 12M(1~15fps)/8M/1080P (1~25/30fps)

Sub Stream D1/CIF(1 ~ 50/60fps)

Third Stream 1080P/720P/D1(1 ~ 50/60fps)

Hikvision

Image Sensor: | 1/1.8" Progressive Scan CMOS

Min. Illumination: | Color: 0.01 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON), B/W: 0.001 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON)

Max. Image Resolution: | 3072 x 2048

Frame Rate: | 50Hz: 24fps (3072 × 2048), 25fps (3072 × 1728, 2560 × 2048, 2560 × 1920, 2048 × 1536, ...

Now on paper I'd be mad not to buy the Dahua as it represents significantly better value for money.

I have some reservations though. I suspect Dahua may be playing rubbery figures with their minimum illumination. I can't get my head around how a 1/2.3" sensor at 12MP will have the same low light performance as a 1/1.8" sensor at 6MP unless there has been some shenanigans with the gain settings or similar.

The price also seems suspiciously low on the Dahua. I've never bought from that site and I can't see any reviews for it, so I'm wary of a scam.

Any thoughts on either camera or that site?

All constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering the same thing about this 4K Dahua camera as well.

$438 for a 4K camera is getting down to the price point I have been waiting for as far as 4K cameras are concerned.

Did you end up buying one of the Dahua's by any chance?

I haven't ordered from that site before and was wondering if it seemed reputable or if you were able to dig up any bad reviews of the site or anything. I can't wait to start testing live views of 4K cameras on a 4K tv.

$438 for a 4K camera is getting down to the price point I have been waiting for as far as 4K cameras are concerned.

I haven't ordered from that site before and was wondering if it seemed reputable or if you were able to dig up any bad reviews of the site or anything. I can't wait to start testing live views of 4K cameras on a 4K tv.

I didn't end up buying the Dahua. I couldn't find anything about that site, good or bad.

I didn't end up buying the Dahua. I couldn't find anything about that site, good or bad.

Hmm. I wonder if this 4K Dahua comes with a lens or not. I wasn't even able to find the user manual online anywhere, just the specs sheet.

Hmm. I wonder if this 4K Dahua comes with a lens or not. I wasn't even able to find the user manual online anywhere, just the specs sheet.

Doubt it, and a 12mp lens wont be cheap.

Doubt it, and a 12mp lens wont be cheap.

I think your right. It doesn't appear to come with the camera. I can't even find a lens to go with this camera anywhere.

Any C or CS mount lens should work with it; C mount requires an adapter ring. The camera supports auto-iris (electronic iris control), and has a 1/2.3" sensor, so many 1/3" lenses will work, as will 1/2" lenses. Most 1/3" lenses have a large enough image circle to cover a 1/2.3" sensor.

Dahua lists lenses for 4k cams here:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products_category/4k-lens-521.html

One of those is an Evetar lens. Other good brands are Fujinon, Cosmicar/Pentax, Tokina, and Computar. Don't know what their 4k offerings are, but they're going to be pricey, as SyconsciousAu said.

ETA: You'll also need to make sure it's IR compensated if you'll be using it with IR illumination.

Weighing back into this one...

the better 4k+ cam's seem to have a the larger 1/1.7" Sensor, and with a larger sensor hopefully a better Lens... So far

Dahua have 12mp @15FPS:

HF81200E (Box, no Lensincluded, but in their catalog they list a few separately for it)

HFW81200E-Z (Bullet incl lens)

HDBW81200E-Z (Claims to be a dome w/motorized lens)

I'm not seeing pricing listed anywhere for these...

Hikvision are only offering up to 8.3mp

DS-2CD40C5F (Box)

DS-2CD4A85F-IZ (Smart Bullet)

DS-2CD4585F-I (Smart outdoor Dome)

DS-2CD4685F-IZ (Smart Bullet, fancier mounting arm)

Again not seeing much by way of reasonable pricing... would prefer the 12mp I think going off the Bosch results

this is a demo of the Hik... why these guys keep doing indoor demo's is beyond me... but anyway.

the only Dahua I've come across is equally useless

this is the sort of demo I want, preferably zoomed even further back and showing the widest angles of the lens on the various units

Curious if anyone purchased this Dahua IPC-HF81200E and how it performs in general and also in low light with external IR added to the scene.

Also curious what kinds of issues would be caused if this camera were used with the suggested $7.00 (2.8 - 12mm (OEM) lens from CCTV-Mall?

http://www.cctv-mall.com/dahua-ipc-hf81200e-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12-megapixel-4k-ip-box-camera-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12mp-ultra-hd-network-camera

Curious if anyone purchased this Dahua IPC-HF81200E and how it performs in general and also in low light with external IR added to the scene.

Also curious what kinds of issues would be caused if this camera were used with the suggested $7.00 (2.8 - 12mm (OEM) lens from CCTV-Mall?

http://www.cctv-mall.com/dahua-ipc-hf81200e-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12-megapixel-4k-ip-box-camera-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12mp-ultra-hd-network-camera

I have one on my desk here. Its okay, you can tell however it is on the cheaper side. The image quality does deteriorate significantly if you are looking for a delay of less than 1 second. I cant compare it to to the Hikvision, i am comparing it to the axis p1428-e for value and unfortunately i would pay the extra for the better camera i think. I suppose it would be okay for certain applications where realtime streaming wouldnt really be an issue.