kinfaing

How to replace camera using Genetec security centre

I already replaced the new camera to the same place, but i don't know how to set back the new camera to old camera in the software ...please help

I assume you have administrative access to the Configuration Tool and know your way around it?

I believe F1 will bring up the users manual that should detail what I have described below.

If so, you will first need to delete the old camera. Even if you are using the same model camera as a replacement with the same IP, Security Center will treat it as a new camera that needs to be enrolled. Plus if you are at the max number of camera licenses, you have to delete the old camera to free up a license for the new one.

When you delete the old camera, SC will ask if you want to keep the archives of the old camera. If you answer yes, a small ghost will appear next to the old camera name. You can then add the new camera either by automatic discovery or manual.

SC can be a little intimidating at first and I'm not sure how much you know about SC? If you are uncertain, maybe we could set up a remote control session and I could walk you through it?