TheStork

Hikvision alarm notifications for ivms-4500 from NVR

I am having trouble getting alarm notifications to come up in the Hikvision mobile app (ivms-4500, v4.0.1 for iPhone) for either motion detection or VCA (line crossing) events. On my NVR (DS-7732NI-SP, firmware 3.3.1), I can see in the log that the events are being correctly picked up by the NVR, and I can successfully get email alerts to be sent out when the events occur. However, on the mobile app, I can see the live feed, but the event notifications are not appearing.

This is the same regardless whether the mobile app is on my home LAN network, or if I login using an OpenVPN connection to my network from WAN side (no ports are forwarded, and no EZVIZ cloud service is in use).

Are there any other tricks that are required than ensuring the "Notify surveillance centre" option is selected in the linkage action section of the NVR's event menus, and then in ivms-4500 setting the alarm notification on? Does the app and the NVR know how to link up without further parameters, such as "alarm host port" or anything similar which I believe is used if a PC based monitoring software would be used.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.