djrachman

Looking for CMS that pulls from many DVRs ONLY w Motion!

I'm looking for new Central Monitoring Station software. My goal is to send individual camera streams from many DVRs to a live monitoring center ONLY when motion is detected on the screen.

I work for a small monitoring center and we only want to watch our cameras when there's motion.

The only software I've found that does this is GeoVision's CV2 Pro. And I'd love to find another!

Thanks for the help!

Depends on the hardware you use.

For example, for DAHUA, we developed a software (based on their SDK) that doesn't decode, just sits silently in the tray and pop-UP a live video when motion is being triggered by the device(motion is one event, but we can subscribe to more). It's the same technology - or way to work - used by mobiles to deliver push-emails.

And that's PUSH better than any PULL with decode.

Dahua does make some good products, but for the CMS I'm looking for, it's important to me that it's Windows based and has widespread compatibility with other IP cameras. Thanks

with a small licensing fee, GeoVision's CV2 is available for most ONVIF supported cameras. So there is an option out there. I'm trying to find another one.

Careful about ONVIF, since it's general, but very "strict"... It's not widely accepted and most ONVIF functions are not really implemented.

Even if you can find an almost perfect software(so to say), there are many devices with (very) poor ONVIF implementation. That's why the vast majority of CMS use proprietary protocols(specific to manufacturer/device), not ONVIF.