naknik

Looking for a NVR and Camera

Hi,

I'm looking for NVR 8 channel POE with support onvif cameras and support hikvision cameras, but i want to record 8 cameras at 3MP @ 30FPS each camera.

What do you say about this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DONGJIA-DA-2508P-high-tech-mobile-p2p-8-channel-poe-h-264-3mp-960p-720p-4ch/32261962200.html

And I'm looking for a 3MP POE outdoor camera that can see faces from 22 meters, the camera will be on the third floor outside. what do you recommend?

Thanks.

8 Cams, 3MP, 30fps...that's close to 80Mbps bandwidth for some medium quality settings.

The linked NVR doesn't list it's bandwidth/throughput capability, but unlikely that it's 80Mbps. Even a nice Hikvision NVR...some of them are 50Mbps...some are 100Mbps. A no-name NVR I played with the other day had a 36Mbps bandwidth cap.

Might I suggest checking out YouTube vids on the difference between 15fps and 30fps. Certainly it'll depend on your goals/needs for your video. For many security needs, 15fps is plenty, but if you're going to turn it into a feature Hollywood film or reality show you may need more.

Also, mixing Brand A/B...the ONVIF does help. Helps a lot. But even ONVIF-labeled devices don't always play 100% with each other.

When I'm doing a new-ground-up system, I try to stay with a single brand. Helps on compatibility. Helps in case I need to work with the company (tech support, RMA-returns, etc.). When there's 2+ companies, they have a tendency to blame each other. But when it's only one company, it's more common to get the device fixed/replaced.