n0fx

Audio out for IP camera

Guys,

I was thinking of getting one of the fisheye Hikvision cameras with the built-in microphone. (DS-2CD6362F-I) For the audio, on the pigtail of the camera, there's a cable to connect a line to it for audio out, is it possible to get the audio feed from the internal mic through IP directly without running another line? I'm going to hook this up directly to a Hikvision NVR and record the audio that way.

Also, do you guys know how far can the built-in mic reach?

Thanks!

Guys,

I was thinking of getting one of the fisheye Hikvision cameras with the built-in microphone. (DS-2CD6362F-I) For the audio, on the pigtail of the camera, there's a cable to connect a line to it for audio out, is it possible to get the audio feed from the internal mic through IP directly without running another line? I'm going to hook this up directly to a Hikvision NVR and record the audio that way.

Thanks!

The audio out is not for the mic audio...its for a speaker...the mic audio is transferred over IP via ethernet.

Guys,

Thanks!

The audio out is not for the mic audio...its for a speaker...the mic audio is transferred over IP via ethernet.

Great, that's good to know.