CCTVenthuse1

Remote Browsing and Email probs-4CH Mini NVR for Onvif IPcam

Hi All,

I have a 4CH Mini NVR for Onvif IP camera's i have set it all up ok, first time for me, i can see my camera images on local LAN network via a browser and Android App without issue. However, i have 2 main issues as follows:-

1) Remote viewing via a browser or an Android App does not appear to work no matter what settings or app's i use?

Any suggestions please?

2) Cannot get email to send any emails of any kind after setting up what i have tested externally known working emails and their settings?

Any suggestions regarding this also please?

thanks,

Newbie - CCTVenthuse1

Hi All,

I have a 4CH Mini NVR for Onvif IP camera's i have set it all up ok, first time for me, i can see my camera images on local LAN network via a browser and Android App without issue. However, i have 2 main issues as follows:-

1) Remote viewing via a browser or an Android App does not appear to work no matter what settings or app's i use?

Any suggestions please?

2) Cannot get email to send any emails of any kind after setting up what i have tested externally known working emails and their settings?

Any suggestions regarding this also please?

thanks,

Newbie - CCTVenthuse1

------------------------

UPDATE from me:-

Strange to see not a single response to this post ?

EMAIL:- i have sorted out the email issue now, after several different setups the email providor finally gave me the correct SMTP settings, so check these carefully if your having similar issues hope this helps someone.

REMOTE BROWSING ISSUE STILL REMAINS, ANY HELP WELCOME , THANKS.

-------------------------

These mini NVRs are not easy to support; there are many different brands/versions with different hardware and software.

No-name Chinese gear is famous for poor implementation of features and mediocre or no support. Many people here found out the hard way that it's better to spend more on well known brand name gear unless you have a lot of time to mess around with it.

These mini NVRs are not easy to support; there are many different brands/versions with different hardware and software.

No-name Chinese gear is famous for poor implementation of features and mediocre or no support. Many people here found out the hard way that it's better to spend more on well known brand name gear unless you have a lot of time to mess around with it.

THANKS MaxIcon,

Couldnt agree more with what you said here, the support for these MINI-NVR's is almost non-existant, either in document form or by ANY supplier i have found so far. If your a technophobe i would steer clear of these, they are not for the inexperienced in these matters. cheers anyway MaxIcon.

PS:- i forgot to mention , in the documentation they either skip the most important config info or write it as though a function of it actually works when it doesnt, often in very poor english.