almelst

PC screen ONVIF emulator

I'm looking for PC software which would transmit desktop screen as ONVIF compatible video stream (other protocols are also welcome, of course). In other words, I need ONVIF camera emulator sending PC desktop screen video. Initial idea is to record activities on PC POS cash register on ONVIF compatible NVR. On analog DVRs, I used VGA to composite converters, but now I want to move completely to NVR and avoid using hardware.

I think I have posted this link before:

http://www.screenonvif.com/

I saw this people at some fair. I would like to try their software, I think it is a great idea for recording any computer on any ONVIF NVR. I sent them an email a while ago interested on their software, but they never got back to me.

277840_1.jpg

If anyone has any news on this, please report!

Hopefully sometime in the future there will be an open source project that does this

I'm looking for PC software which would transmit desktop screen as ONVIF compatible video stream (other protocols are also welcome, of course). In other words, I need ONVIF camera emulator sending PC desktop screen video. Initial idea is to record activities on PC POS cash register on ONVIF compatible NVR. On analog DVRs, I used VGA to composite converters, but now I want to move completely to NVR and avoid using hardware.

Why not just use the vga to composite convertors and encode them to onvif streams? Seems cheaper that way.

Why not just use the vga to composite convertors and encode them to onvif streams? Seems cheaper that way.

Recording a computer desktop at analog resolution, when you could just record at the original desktop resolution?

A hardware solution cheaper than a software solution? You really think so?

As I wrote, I already used converters for analog DVR, but for NVR additional IP encoder / server should be used which doesn't look cheaper at all and limits picture quality to D1.

Thanks Securame,

I checked the link, looks interesting. I need more detailed information about VLC and Hikvision recorder settings.

Well, so they just replied to me from screenonvif.com after more than 3 months... I don't know if this thread had anything to do with it.

License for one computer costs 99EUR + tax (retail price, they didn't give me any reseller price). I think it only supports 720p (I guess it will resize whatever video you have on screen to 1280x720), and it doesn't say anything on motion detection support.

I believe I am running into the same issue. When I split the VGA and use a VGA to BNC converter the video image really poor. Is there some type of hardware device that can take the VGA signal and convert it to IP Onvif? Or an adapter/converter that can take the higher resolution feed from the VGA monitor to BNC?

Thank you!