yozh

Dahua Cameras Questions

Hello All,

First question:

Last night one of my HDW4200S went dark... After much troubleshooting, I think its a POE issue on the camera, since it boots and works via power adapter, and other cameras are working from my switch, did any one ever seen this behavior ?

Second question:

I meant to ask this a while ago, but now I have a pressing need. For some reason HDW4200S has a much wider angle then HDW4300S. I tough it was the lens, but then I saw that they have same exact 3.6mm lens, I tried changing the resolution on 4300 to match 4200, but picture is still the same.... On the 4200, it seem much wider, almost like its 16:9 and on the 4300 it looks like 4:3.... Is there a setting I`m missing ? Or is it the sensor in 4200 ?

Hello All,

First question:

Last night one of my HDW4200S went dark... After much troubleshooting, I think its a POE issue on the camera, since it boots and works via power adapter, and other cameras are working from my switch, did any one ever seen this behavior ?

Second question:

I meant to ask this a while ago, but now I have a pressing need. For some reason HDW4200S has a much wider angle then HDW4300S. I tough it was the lens, but then I saw that they have same exact 3.6mm lens, I tried changing the resolution on 4300 to match 4200, but picture is still the same.... On the 4200, it seem much wider, almost like its 16:9 and on the 4300 it looks like 4:3.... Is there a setting I`m missing ? Or is it the sensor in 4200 ?

For your first question: I haven't seen it personally, but I've heard about it happening. It's probably the injector/switch failing.

Your second question: The 4200S' max resolution is 1920x1080, which is 16:9. The 4300S' max resolution is 2048x1536, which is 4:3. Have you tried lowering the 4300S to 1920x1080 to match the 4200S?

Hello All,

First question:

Second question:

For your first question: I haven't seen it personally, but I've heard about it happening. It's probably the injector/switch failing.

Your second question: The 4200S' max resolution is 1920x1080, which is 16:9. The 4300S' max resolution is 2048x1536, which is 4:3. Have you tried lowering the 4300S to 1920x1080 to match the 4200S?

Thank you very much for a reply....

The switch is working fine, as other devices are working......

As you can see by my original post, I did lower the resolution, but its still the same.... I started doing more research and I see that it is the sensor and the angle that comes with it... I guess I`m out of luck... I dont even see 4200S being sold any more... Which is very sad...

Field of view is dependent on the sensor's physical size, the lens size, and the image circle size of the lens. 2 different 3.6mm lenses can have different size image circles, resulting in different FOVs with the same sensor. If the sensors are different sizes from each other, this adds to the confusion.

Vendors were not very good at giving true FOV measurements on the older cams. They're getting better, and some have even started giving the FOV at different resolutions, but it's not easy to trust them without measuring for yourself.

Field of view is dependent on the sensor's physical size, the lens size, and the image circle size of the lens. 2 different 3.6mm lenses can have different size image circles, resulting in different FOVs with the same sensor. If the sensors are different sizes from each other, this adds to the confusion.

Vendors were not very good at giving true FOV measurements on the older cams. They're getting better, and some have even started giving the FOV at different resolutions, but it's not easy to trust them without measuring for yourself.

Yeah this sucks... lower resolution camera actually worked better for me... go figure....