300winmag

Help!!! record time on Hikvision DS-7732-NI-SP

For the life of me I can't figure out why I am only getting 4 days of recording time from my NVR when it used to be 2 weeks.

I have 6TB and 14 two/three mega pixel camera's that record 24/7. Now when I had 9 camera's I got 2 weeks recording time but I added 5 more camera's and it brought it down to 4 days.?.?.? I checked everything I could think of including error tests and all but because It's a closed system Nellys can't do much without looking at it. Can someone suggest something I can do please?

For 24x7 fixed bit rate recording, the only thing that matters is the bit rate for each cam.

For 4Mb/sec on all cams:

4Mbps (bits) = 0.5MBps (bytes)

0.5 x 60 = 30MB per minute

30 x 60 = 1.8GB per hr

1.8 x 24 = 43GB per day

43 x 14 cams = 600 GB per day

With 6TB, you should be getting 10 days.

If they're all set for 8Mbps, you'd get 5 days.

This will all vary based on the individual bit rates, and if you use VBR, it will depend on other factors, like amount of motion and detail.

I set all camera's at 4mb and now have 5 days of recording time.

I have a suspicion that one HDD is being cloned and that is why I am getting half of what I am supposed to but the menu does not tell me if I am using the clone option or not and does not have any information to show if it is or isn't. I just find it odd that it is exactly half of what I am supposed to be getting... Sound familiar to anyone?

So i did the factory reset hoping it would change all the settings back to normal however when it restarted all the camera's had the same settings so one could only assume that no other HDD settings changed either... idea's??

So i did the factory reset hoping it would change all the settings back to normal however when it restarted all the camera's had the same settings so one could only assume that no other HDD settings changed either... idea's??

The camera bitrate settings are not stored on the NVR, but on each invididual camera. Reseting the NVR does not reset the cameras.

I unhooked a single HDD and looked to see how much time it had saved on it and did the same to the other HDD and they both have around the same amount of time on each HDD. Now I don't know how cloning works so maybe it does not copy one exact HDD to the other instead copying from both HDD's and creating a exact image on the other HDD's. But maybe it isn't the clone option... what other settings could cause me to lose half of my recording time?