Sign in to follow this  
MK1700

FTP record problems for IPC-HFW4300S-V2

Hello,

I currently have a Dahua HFW4300S-V2 bought from Aliexpress. The camera is great, the only thing is that FTP record does not work as expected. It records to FTP but only for a maximum of 1 minute or 20Mb for each file; then records to a new file even if the event (motion) is not yet finished. So basically if there is motion lets say for 20 minutes in front of the camera it will record on the FTP server 20 files.

Do you guys know if this is a firmware problem or a defective device? I tried replacing the FTP server, playing with the package duration 1~120, same behavior

My current firmware is

Device Type IPC-HFW4300S-V2

Software Version 2.420.0004.0.R, build : 2014-11-03

WEB Version 3.2.1.229556

ONVIF Version 2.4.1

Any suggestion/opinion is appreciated

Never get any responses to my questions either.

Anyways, are they ALL 20mb or are there occasionally longer/shorter ones too?

I have a couple HFW3200C recording to FTP, and they're... well, kinda buggy about it. I sometimes get tiny files (like a few hundred KB), lots of short files, files with missing frames, and multiple recordings of the same thing happening at the same time... but occasionally appropriately longer files, too.

I recently bought a 2015 model Dahua that has NAS recording, and it's GREAT - works exactly as I would expect. In fact, I'd say motion detection / reliability / recording is night and day better versus the older cams.

All my records are between 10-20Mb, no file is langer then 20Mb even if the motion is for 30 minutes in front of the camera

Can you provide a link for Dahua 2015 model that you bought and works perfect?

Thank you !

MK1700 - Maybe you shoot off a message to the supplier of the camera. Most of them speak English and are probably quite knowledgable about thier products.

I have done a search on aliexpress for "Dahua HFW4300S-V2" and it does not find anything. I was going to look and see what they said about it.

I am familiar with FTP and it should just work, but many of the camera guys at aliexpress seem to make up their own boards and put the imaging chip onto their board and so the firmware might not be quite as robust as we would hope for. So it is quite possible that there is a bug in their software which limits the file size or limits the length of time the camera will spit out data. I guess people look at the specs of the imaging chip and search for the cheapest camera with this chip in it and then investigate from there. Thats what I sometimes do.

Can you provide me a link to the item you bought please, if you cannot post the link, send me a message.

I dont have experience with this kind of camera but if the more experienced members are not helping, then I may be able to suggest something.

All my records are between 10-20Mb, no file is langer then 20Mb even if the motion is for 30 minutes in front of the camera

Can you provide a link for Dahua 2015 model that you bought and works perfect?

Thank you !

I do wonder if something's going on with your settings.

The camera I have that works very well is the SD22204T-GN, although I would suspect that other cameras based on the same firmware generation would work too. This is a mini PTZ but it does NOT have IR illumination, so you either need adequate nighttime ambient light (like street lights), or a separate IR illuminator. I will say it records much higher quality video without IR than my 3200C's do even with IR in the same general area.

EDIT: I just checked, and in the last 21 days the longest motion recording it's captured is 859mb, or over 14 minutes. In fact, there are 167 recordings over 200mb in size.

For the 3200C, the longest recording is 369mb or 6 minutes, but there are also 118 recordings under 1mb in size in just 7 days (0 on the new camera).